But let me add that I know that in the end that these things are temporal things of this earth life and they don't matter in the eternal perspective. This thought does help me. I also know that at the end of the day I have too many things to be grateful for regardless of the small mishaps and losses. As I was laying in bed last night I thought, "well, if this is a trial for me to have then I will take it. I know that it could be worse. Like losing a loved one is way worse than losing a computer." Right? I got this. Perspective.
That being said, it IS hard to lose access to my journals and letters to June. And ALL my photos and ability to edit and stuff. It's kind of a big deal. And I am sad that I have no access to ANY of my music in any way or form. I love that stuff. It's just all so personal, you know? But whatever. I am blessed that I'm sure at some point in my life I will save up enough to get a new something. And until then I have a friend who said I can do editing on her computer. So again, I shouldn't complain. And Buck was able to get all my stuff off of the lap top.
So that's all.
Okay, moving on. Most of these photos and happenings are from July.
There has been lots of sand box playing.
And dog harassment...
And hugs :)
We went to Thanksgiving point one day to the dinosaur museum during a "Harry Potter" themed day. It was kind of lame but at least we got to make wands... and see dinosaurs.
Often you will find June in her swing.
We went to the aquarium one day, because we do that a lot.
We had to get some frozen yogurt in. ;)
Our city had a whole festival week called "Steel Days" with a parade and carnival and fireworks and shows and everything. We missed ALL OF IT, didn't even go to the antique car show this year :( but one thing I did see was the hot air balloons because they were near by. It was cool!
I made some awesome pancakes.
June and I went to a summer movie at this little gem.
More backyard time. Naked.
Getting lots from our garden!
We went to Gardner village to see the petting farm and it wasn't there! It was a lame trip AND this is where my iPod was stolen. Epic FAIL.
But we did go to the humane society with my friend who is looking for a puppy. It was an impressive one! They had all these rooms with cat juggle gyms and t.v.'s playing clips of fish and birds! What a place for a cat to spend its last days, right? June was in HEAVEN. We found the kitten room and I picked up one who was sleeping. I let June hold the groggy kitty and it just stayed on her lap! She was sooo cute and held it so nicely. Good thing another pet is NOT a temptation for me right now. No thanks.
We've gone to the local pool quite a bit but I don't have many photos, except this one of June pretending to nap on the towels.
Buck's dad came into town for a couple short days. What did we do? Went to Home Depot....
And got sushi!
Spontaneous bon fire family night.
And the reason Buck's dad came out short notice was for his dad's 80th birthday! Kind of crazy that both of our grandpas turned 80 within a month of each other.
So! That's what's been going down here in Utah, aside from the events that require a post all their own. :) Not sure when I'll be able to tell of some of the adventures of this week, but hopefully soon!
























5 comments:
She's such a little imp. And I miss her.
I dreamt last night about going to some pet sanctuary place and looking at and holding all the kittens and now I read about you actually doing it?!? Weird! This looks like a perfect depiction of your summer :) I love June with the sandbox and Abe.
I'm sorry about your computer and your Ipod.
A) Bad Luck...but great perspective
B) Max's Harry Potter wands were WAY better.
C) I want to play with June again!
Looks like a lovely summer! But sorry about your iPod and computers...that stinks!
Post a Comment