We took an easy hike on a paved path. It was a Tuesday morning and we had the whole place to ourselves. We took our time. June got to explore and go off the path and play with lots of rocks. We even found a Juniper tree! (sometimes we call June "Juniper") and we took home a small branch.
We also got to stop by the river. June loved walking across the bridge and seeing the water below and, of course, throwing rocks into the stream.
We took a break and ate some granola, grapes, and strawberries.
And June even "winked" at me.
(Probably my most favorite photo ever)
I'm thinking of getting an annual pass (love my memberships!) so if anyone wants to come with us sometime, please do! I think it's so important for June (all kids) (and all adults) (so, everyone) to play outside and explore. It's one of the main reasons Buck and I want to own lots of land. I want my kids to grow up inhaling clean air, seeing nature, learning about animals and being unplugged sometimes. My parents were always whisking us away on family vacations to national parks and such, and as a teenager I was always complaining about it. But now I see that it mattered and regardless of my bad attitude, it shaped who I am today and how much I love getting away from it all. And now look at me- always dreaming of family vacations to national parks and camping and such. Mom, Dad, your efforts were not in vain. :) And now I hope to pass this on to my family!







4 comments:
A) That picture of June on the bridge makes her look like a 4 year old!
B) I'm really excited to watch June and Charlie explore an Oregon forest and the beach!
C) The winking picture is amazing!
You're killin me with the sunglasses. I can't believe how old she looks. And the winking picture is a.maz.ing. The end.
Gah!! She's so cute. And the mountains...sigh...
I wish I had mountains like that to escape to! But we do have some pretty nice hills nearby...we should go there more often! You always inspire me with the way you go and do things instead of just thinking about doing them. I need to do that more often!
Dresses sent, by the way...they should arrive on Tuesday. :)
Post a Comment