Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Travel Log- Being Tourists with Family

 Our week in DC and Virginia was INSANE. It was six different trips packed into one: trip to see family, trip to reunite best friends, a trip to see a best friend get married, a trip to be a wedding photographer, a trip to be a tourist, and Buck's birthday thrown in there. Fhew! I haven't pushed my self so far in a long time. And I'm not saying that I'm that old or anything but at the same time, I am not as young as I once was. And this week about killed us off. But it was worth it!

So. The trip in terms of being a tourist and being with family goes as follows: (aside from Buck's birthday which is another post) Buck's parents drove up for the weekend from North Carolina, and his brother flew out from Utah. Plus my sister lives in DC.

On Sunday, after all the wedding madness, we went to breakfast at an alarmingly fancy place.



Then we went to Arlington Cemetery and saw the graves and the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown solider.





Then we went to a few museums.

The Air and Space museum


 And my mother in law and I went to the Art museum while the others went elsewhere.


Meanwhile, June turned 8 years old. Look at her!

Then we went and had dinner at Erin's house. After that we had dessert at the hotel and sat in the hot tub. Ahhhhhhh


Monday morning Ben flew home but the rest of us went to breakfast at a French place and then did some shopping. P.S. I ordered eggs benedict every place we ate. I have a problem.


After that Buck's parents had to drive home and so us plus Erin went to Washington's home, Mt Vernon. For some reason this was a real highlight. I think it was because we were so tired and this place was so beautiful, calm, and serene. Not a bad place to live Mr. Washington!














And then June was pretty wiped out. 


 And as most of you probably read in my sick ranting post, June got sick Tuesday night when we were at my aunts house for dinner. That was sad seeing as we spent most the time cleaning up toddler puke, giving June a bath, and doing some laundry. Yeah... sorry Annette! We had fun otherwise! I also got to take some family photos for them so it wasn't a complete loss.


And

Some favorite souvenirs from the trip:


4 comments:

Erinlizabeth said...

8 years old! HA! And I'm glad you liked Mt. Vernon. It's one of my favorite places. And holy smokes I need to go on a MAJOR diet.

Carrie Lynn said...

This is so delightful! I'm so glad you were able to sight see :)
Your experience with Mt. Vernon reminds me of when we went to San Francisco. We pretty much saw the entire city in a day, and the Japanese Tea Gardens ended up being our FAVORITE part of the whole trip. I'm thinking for the same reasons- crazy whirlwind vacation compared to quiet calm

Max and Rebecca said...

You guys really know how to have adventures! Such an inspiration!

4boyzmdmom said...

Yum! I love eggs benedict! We have a goal to go to Mt. Vernon sometime when we are not either freezing or about to pass out from the heat. No need to apologize...we're glad we got to see you even if June was sick!