Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patricks Day

By the time St. Patrick's day rolls around I seem to get pretty burnt out these past few years- what with throwing parties for different countries, Buck's birthday, tea parties and traveling to DC- yeah... But that still can't seem to stop me from celebrating somehow. This year all we managed was to decorate with this shamrock straw.



And eat Lucky Charms in green milk


And green eggs and grapes

Oh and these gold coins appeared from a leperchaun

And we all wore varying shades of green.


I like the idea of the whole thing where a leprechaun comes in the night and leaves little foot prints and treats and stuff but maybe I will wait until June is older and will appreciate it more. Yeah.

And why is Easter so dang early this year?! Well, here comes another holiday soon....

3 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

Let me tell you about our St. Patty's, then you will feel like you did just fine celebrating! We wore green to church, took long naps after and incorporated green salads in our dinner. That's it!

RAQ said...

yes, Tim had to fill their shoes with treats without me since I was at my parents' that night before. Traditions help children feel safe amongst the unknown! Keep it up, as long as it's not too elaborate you'll always be glad you did it!

4boyzmdmom said...

You did more than we did! When the boys were littler, I did do the leprechaun thing with them one year. They loved it! I have all the details on how to do it if you ever want to know.