For example. Gardening. What in the world? Why can't I just simply put some seeds in the dirt, water them, and watch them grow? But no- I have to fertilize, get expensive dirt, kill bugs with chemicals, do things at the precise time and season, or start growing food with fancy sun lights in my house. Put the right things next to each other, weed, prune, but not too much but not too little. Graft in things. Soil, water. Pray like crazy and hope you get ONE tomato. People- it's COMPLICATED.
Or what about sewing? Why can't I just put some fabric together in the shape and I want and sew it? No- there are patterns and special scissors and bobbins and math equations. There are different stitches for different things. There's matching up and bunching up. There's rules and rules and rules. I've only began to learn to sew (I've been going over to my grandma's and she's been teaching me a bit since she's a pro) and I know that it will get easier as I learn but that doesn't mean that it's any simpler.
And what about the world of couponing and grocery shopping? BLAH. Go here for this and there for that. Spend five hours gathering the information to price match and save 23 cents. Check that fine print. Does not include, expires now, only to be used during one hour of the month. I don't know. Sell this back, get this NOW. Hurry and run and go EVERYWHERE.
Money is so temporal. Sometimes, my time seems more precious and valuable. Sometimes I feel like I'd rather spend the extra bills for the convenience. Yes, I am that person the grocery stores target. They love me. I want to get in and out. And I'll do what it takes, give them what they want, to ensure the smoothest trip I can. Don't get me wrong- I'm a fan of Western Family products and anything else that is cheapest (except tin foil. money=quality here apparently) and I use plenty of coupons for other things- just maybe not grocery shopping. It stresses me out. It seems too COMPLICATED.
Am I the only person who feels this way?
I'm just saying. Don't believe every quote you see on Pinterest.



4 comments:
You're right. I agree! :)
This is so true. It seems the older I get the simpler I want things made. But it's the hard that makes it great, right? You gotta really want the garden, the handmade dress, the extra 25cents.
PS Tomatoes are actually pretty simple- I grew some at my old apartment before the maintenance men murdered them with no apology. Let's talk.
I get you all the way.
I totally agree with you! For me, the end result of sewing is worth the complication so I still do it sometimes. However, I am one of the most budget conscious, economical people on the planet, but I do NOT use coupons! I am totally with you on the idea that my time is worth more than the money I'll save.
Post a Comment