Friday, September 24, 2010

Judging by the Cover

Heeellllooo! Welcome to our little apartment. It's nothing too spectacular but it feels like home. You know how they say that you can learn a lot about a family by their medicine cabinet? (If you looked at ours you would think that we get a lot of head aches, cramps, can't sleep, and that we think that cough drops are candy...) But I think that really one of the best ways to get to know a family is by their bookshelves. 

So. Say "hello" to our bookshelf.



It holds many treasures. As you can see, we hold the board games up top. One of my favorite shelves falls beneath that:

Proudly on display you will find both of our undergrad diplomas, all my many glorious travel books, and two paper weights that I made in a glass blowing class that I got as a Christmas present last year. This shelf says a lot to me.
Below that you find:







This is basically my book shelf, seeing as these are all mine... AND that piece of pottery is from my hands from when I took pottery (and almost died... I'm not so good but this is my one pride and joy piece)
And below this shelf is:


Basically the coolest shelf ever. I mean come on- who could pass up a book on sea otters? Or on stars or an Archie comic book? And that owl book end? I believe that comes from Buck's grandpa. :)

After that shelf we have Buck's shelf, which also happens to be our religion shelf. He's a big fan of this literature. 

And this, my friends, is only the beginning of the books he will collect through his life on this subject. :)


And then last but not least, we really needed a shelf for these, seeing as we have so many:


Lots and lots of records. And a music book or two. 

And now you know us a little bit more. We love culture, religion, pondering, social activists, children's books, music, art, and the fact that we graduated. 

Oh. And we do have another book shelf, nearly the same in size, that's located in the bedroom. This one holds many, many journals and notebooks, music books, stationary and letters, random nick-knacks, several mad libs, and a music box.

Thanks for visiting! 
What's in your book shelves?

3 comments:

Kurt and Lynlee said...

Great idea for a post! We have blocks that spell FAITH, a pic of Kurt and I and lots of church books. We don't have very many cool things like you guys : )

4boyzmdmom said...

That's a good idea--I'll have to take some pictures of my book shelves some day soon. Scott wants to know how you almost died making a pot!

Anna Harrison said...

;) mentally died. emotionally died? basically i suck at centering the clay on the wheel, kind of important. never did get very good at it. but once i got it centered (if ever) then i wasn't so bad. :)