Monday, October 16, 2023

Ethiopia- Camera Classes

 I don't even know where to start with these posts, it's all so overwhelming. But I guess I'll start here. I got to go to Ethiopia in Africa in a partnership with Korah Kids, an organization that helps provide food and basic needs to families that live in a trash dump part of town. They also recently opened a girls home for orphan girls living on the streets. 

We did a few things but one of our big projects for my non profit, Your Light International, was to teach photo classes to kids in need. We got cameras and money donated to make this possible! It all came together beautifully.  

First we taught a group of older kids who had heard that we were coming and had asked if they could come learn. A lot of them lived in boy's homes and such. We first taught a course that Alyse made for us and Tekabe, the man who lives in and runs the girls' home with his wife, was able to translate for us. 




The cameras! 

Then we let them loose with the cameras. It was so fun to see them so excited and implementing the things we just taught them. 









Then that evening the girls at the girls home got to go around and take photos. It was the cutest thing ever. 
















Some photos I got around the streets while the girls were taking photos. 











Tekabe, his wife Meti, their son Levi and the girls. 

The next day the older kids came back for some more. One kid brought his art to show us. 







More scenes from around the street. 








Then we got to go back another night and give the girls some prints of their photos. They were so excited! It was the best. 


And now for some of the girls' photos that were some of our favorites! 


Beza





Mena




Merhit







Rahel






Ruhama






Ruth






No comments: