Saturday, April 15, 2023

Oregon Day 3- Portland

 The next day we did a day exploring Portland a bit. The cherry blossoms were full bloom so we went down to the river walk way where it is lined with them. It was perfect! It even ended up sunny! We loved walking around and also taking photos. Well I liked the photos but maybe my kids don't as much. ;) One day they will appreciate it all though, right? haha

 

Then we got to walk over the bridge a bit and watch a huge train roll by. The kids loved this and made us stay till it reached the end, which took several minutes! It was long!

 
After that we walked to the famous Voodoo Doughnuts. While walking we peered into the Chinese gardens and June accidently stepped on a man sleeping in a tarp.... so full Portland experience! ;)
 
Our last big thing of the day was going roller skating! (Or roller blading if you're June and Buck.) It's this super cool historic rink and there's a huge pipe organ coming out of the ceiling in the center of the rink! On the weekends someone still plays music on the organ! Sadly we could not go on the weekend. But it was still really neat to see. We all spent a couple hours rolling around and had a great time!
Fun little place to grab snacks as well.

We had dinner again back at the Baertliens and had a great evening hanging out! 

 
 
I also got to pick out some tea cups from Rebecca's grandmother's collection that she didn't want. I was in heaven! Look at what I got! 


2 comments:

Rebecca Baertlein said...

We loved exploring our city more too, we hadn't skated in so long! And i'm just so pleased with how the weather cooperated this day!! And I'm so excited about the tea cups, I know they will be more used in your possession than they have been in years!!

Adrian said...

This does look like the full Portland experience. And score on the teacups! You and I need to go antiquing together sometime.