Monday, December 5, 2022

Tea Time with Rose

 This year, in order to avoid the cold, I wanted to find somewhere indoors to take Rose's birthday photos. She loves tea parties, truly, she asks to do one nearly every day, so I ended up getting us tickets to the tea time at The Grand America hotel downtown Salt Lake City. 

It was an absolutely delightful time! She LOVED it more than I ever could have hoped. She said a few times, "This is SO much better than Olive Garden!" Hahaha She decided to get raspberry hot chocolate in her tea cup and I had an herbal thing. We got served scones, pastries, and finger sandwiches. We watched the snow gently fall from the large windows as we listened to the harpist play. At the end of our time, they surprised Rose and brought her out a birthday treat and candle and the harpist played "Happy birthday" on her harp! It was so elegantly perfect.

 
We also got to take our time wandering around the huge halls of the hotel and lobby where they have beautiful Christmas display windows this time of year. This year the theme was Christmas around the world. We loved it! There was also a massive gingerbread house! And we got to look in the toy store!
We had the sweetest time together and I want to remember it for always. 
 
It was such a great time, and guess what would have made it complete? Staying the night in a hotel room...... instead of trying to drive home in a snow storm + rush hour traffic, slidding off the freeway, having a panic attack, sitting on the shoulder for an hour till my brother in law rescued us and took us to his home until Buck and his dad made it to the car, THREE HOURS LATER (what should have taken 30 minutes) and then my father in law got Rose and me and took us home and Buck took the van home and OH MY GOSH- 
we should have just stayed the night.
 


 But NO- regardless- it was worth it! Truly was a core memory with my Rosie.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

These turned out darling! What a magical one on one date. Driving in the snow is the worst though. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!

Lillybet said...

Truly a perfect memory with Rose. I just love everything about this post regarding the tea party. Definitely not good about the drive home.