Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Dear Hazel, a Letter To You On Your Baptism Day

Dear Hazel, 

    We don't live in an easy world, or even a very happy one a lot of times. As you grow you will find a lot of dark places, people, and trials. But there's some important good news, too. No matter how dark darkness can be, there is one thing that will always win over it, and that is light. And YOU, dearest Hazel, are full of light. And now that you're getting baptized, that light will only grow brighter with you. 

     Storms come and bring fear, but as you hold onto the promises that you make at baptism, and others you can make as you grow older, that light and the Spirit of God will always be with you. To comfort you, guide you, and to always conquer the darkness. 

    I know this because this has been true in my life.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is my rock and foundation. I have had questions and doubts, I have had times full of fear, but the goodness of God and my Savior always brings me back to what I know to be true. It fills me with that peace and true happiness. 

    Always, always, always. 

    Some hard times last longer than others but the morning always comes and the night never lasts forever. 

    I know that I have made it as far as I have because I've held onto my promises with God and He always keeps His. When we do this we are filled with power and strength!  Never forget that and never let go. Keep hold of your faith and your promises and you will find yourself in a life full of that light. 

    You're a special girl. You love to learn about the gospel. You spend many nights with a flash light in bed reading through the Hymn book and picking your favorite songs. You pray sincerely to know more about certain things in the church.  You keep a notebook where you write down what you're learning and believe in. You find a natural comfort in Christ's teachings. We can't wait to see who you become in this life. 

    We love you Hazel and we are so proud of the good choices you are making! 



Beautiful dress made by Buck's Aunt Susie! She let Hazel help design it and pick out the pattern and fabric! What a special treasure! June got to do the same. Lucky girls!

No comments: