Monday, November 1, 2021

Halloween Celebrations

 The question isn't so much, "what DID we do to celebrate Halloween?" But more a question of, "What DIDN'T we do?" I look back on the posts from this month and then everything in here and goodness, we kept busy! I don't know how, I paced our time and we didn't even opt to do all the things we were invited to or had opportunities to do! Life is crazy! 

Okay so anyway.... To start, here's Rose turning the lamp shade into a witch's potion. haha

 
And this is all a bit out of order but Friday night we had our traditional spooky dinner- something the kids always look forward to!



Of course we carved pumpkins.

One night we went to a haunted house that someone made in their garage! It's free and kid friendly. Only spooky, more like the haunted mansion in Disneyland. There is no blood or gore. So I thought it might be fun to try. Well, we waiting in line for FOREVER and the kids went to bed SUPER late but.... it ended up being pretty worth it! It was really amazing what this family has done! Hazel refused to go in but the other three kids liked it, well, Rose kept her face hidden half the time but she liked it from what she saw. haha.


You can see the shadow that was playing the old organ!


And we couldn't have asked for better weather for trick or treating! It was my first year really going around with the kids, normally I stay back to pass out candy and I'm too cold, but this year I went and it was fun! Plus there are some fun houses in our neighborhood! And we roamed around with friends.

 
Our pumpkins and spooky porch. Afterwards we ate soup in bread bowls. It was a good night!


And again, these are out of order but blogger is being a pain so it is what it is. A few days before Halloween we had the neighborhood trunk-or-treat at the church and it was a blast! I love seeing everyone, adults and kids, dressed up.

A random photo of the day after trick or treating- the traditional candy trade. haha

 
Lastly, since Halloween was on a Sunday and most everyone went Trick or treating on Saturday, our neighbor had a bunch of us over Sunday night for a fun, festive dinner. I didn't get very many photos but it was the perfect end to a crazy week! We even sat around and told ghost stories together. ;)

It was such a great Halloween month!

2 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

My goodness! That haunted house and all those decorations and fancy dinners and stuff! How do people have time to do all that?! Looks like lots of fun! Our ward had a trunk or treat / carnival and it was lots of fun but our ward is a lot smaller than yours, judging from the photos!

Adrian said...

Wow, you had some fun parties this year! I love the traditional Halloween dinner you have too.