Sunday, November 21, 2021

Happy Birthday to me!

Hi. Just me, Anna, noting that I had another birthday. I am now 36! On the downhill slope to another decade. 

This past year is a bit of a blur. I found out in the summer that I had Hasimotos- an auto immune disease where my body is attacking my thyroid for no reason. Leading up to that diagnosis, Hasimotos really created a lot of havoc in my life and worked pretty hard to destroy my mental and physical well being. (extreme fatigue, weight gain, mental fog and depression, overall disconnect.) Which is why the whole first half of the year is a blur. 

But by about August, I was on medication for my thyroid and feeling so much better! I've been picking up the broken pieces the past few months and healing. Fun times. But really, I'm so incredibly grateful that we were able to find an answer and that there's a pill that can help me soooooo much. I finally feel like myself again! And I know that there are so many people that feel crappy and don't have answers yet, so I don't take this for granted and I hope to take all that I have and work towards giving back to others. Because heaven knows, it's only a matter of time before I'm back down again, because hey, that's life for everyone! So I'm taking extra good care of my good time right now.

So, that's all really. That was being 35. haha Here's to a great year ahead, whatever that may mean!

It's always funny to go back through my pictures from the year and see the ones of myself. So here they are, some with a kid or two but mostly the only photos I have of myself.



No comments: