Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Lately- January

 Hooray! Another January has been survived! And as will be evident in this post, it was survived by doing a whole lot of things to keep busy.

We went to the dinosaur museum

We went to the butterfly biosphere

Bleu got the snip snip


The kids make a space ship launch
 
 
And made lots of messes.
 
I hid in my hammock and pretended it was summer.
 
We cuddled.
 
And fixed things.
 
We went to the roller skating rink, but with scooters.
 
We tried to do some exercise, sometimes.
 
My friend Tracy painted and surprised us with this wonderful painting!
 
I dyed my hair pink.
 
We took quite a few sunny but icy walks.



We used what we had to entertain restless kids.

We let Denny's cook dinner.

 
We spent some time in the ER, for good measure. (she's okay, don't worry! Possibly an ovarian cyst.)
 
We went to the aquarium.


Buck and I got to go on a date night and make our own soap!

Hazel painted this in her new art class:

 
My friend came and taught a yoga class in our home.
 
I made my cat cuddle with me.
 
We ate a lot of grapefruit.
 
We took turns scaring each other from sneaky hiding places.
 
Hazel and June performed for their musical theater classes. June got to be young Elsa in Frozen Jr and Hazel's class did songs from around the world. They both did so well!

I took the littles to an indoor play place to kill time.


And sometimes I noticed some poetry in the skies.


Looking back now I see that I probably should have taken the time to make a few separate posts about some of these events. But as you can see, January is the longest month ever. We kept busy and yet we still found lots of time to stare at each other and not know what to do with ourselves. I'm exhausted though making this post, but feeling accomplished that we survived 2021 so far.

4 comments:

Adrian said...

That's funny. I was just thinking that you normally would have made individual posts about some of those things. But, hey, It's January and even with all of those, it's still a shorter post. Ha ha! Where is Hazel taking art? That looks fun!

Max and Rebecca said...

Wow, all those places that you went to...Not a single one of those would be open in Oregon! Not that we would haven gone any way with a newborn! haha! That painting by Tracy is incredible. Those Butterflies are huge. Your girls are so talented with their musical theater and artwork!! I want to do yoga at your house!

Lillybet said...

You diverged into the dinosaur museum. That looks fun. The painting of the Savior is pretty awesome and I like that part of art is painting Abraham Lincoln. Good job Hazel. And I’m pretty sure I want to do yoga at your house so maybe we do that when we come?

Erinlizabeth said...

Ok I have seen these so I wasn't too far behind. Still love the spaceship.