I could cry thinking that the official months of summer are, once again, over. ðŸ˜
So we'll start with boating, and end with it.
We had some little friends over with us one night so we took them all out and it was a beautiful evening!
Rosie and her cute little friends.
We made some cards for the fire men and I loved Hazel's. Also, don't think I'm too great, we still haven't taken them to the firemen so.... yeah.
Fun times in August! Buck got pancreatitis and that sucked a lot. He had to go on a clear liquid diet too and that was awful for him. Thankfully he's doing a lot better now but it was a long battle! He gets the weirdest health issues!
Speaking of diets, I made my favorite Armenian dolma. Yummmmmm And I just couldn't get over nature's colors!
This was not a great moment for me.
Getting some free kid time at a friend's neat backyard!
I decided that life is short and so I bought a balloon animal making kit.
Cuddle bugs.
A fun party at a neighbor's house!
A cool swing set!
Kids taking the game "operation" very seriously. haha
Got to go see a play again! We missed these! This time it was Moana! (The actors all wore face shields the whole time. and us our masks)
When "Full House" is on the TV.
Johnny's making friends with his new truck.
He got this fun tool set for his birthday from his aunt and uncle.
And now, more boating! It never gets old!
Corpse pose with a toddler.
And some singing bowls.
Funny soap!
I was impressed with Hazel's rendering of Sponge Bob.
And I just love kid's drawings. Here's another Hazel piece.
Hair cuts and wigs.
Hazel's soccer practice has started back up!
The colors of melted gummies.
I love him.
Lots of park time and not many photos!
I love her fearless curiosity.
Group date night. We played the newlywed game and then did karaoke so it's safe to say that it was a very funny evening! Grateful for fun neighbors. (also there was another couple that somehow didn't get cropped into this photo and I feel bad!)
A neighbor hosted this cotton candy thing so we went and got some. They cut them into shapes and have fun flavors.
We finally taught Hazel how to ride a bike! Sometimes I feel like the worst parent since every other parent teaches their kids to ride bikes earlier but I will say that Hazel picked it up in like four minutes.
So fun to have some time with Rose and Johnny to go to museums now, like I used to with little June and Hazel. Life seems to be one eternal round.
And now, one last boating trip. This particular trip left us stranded in the lake for about two hours with a broken boat but somehow we still ended up having fun! And thanks to our neighbor who knows boats and came and fixed it for us!
RIP SUMMER























































































3 comments:
Sometimes I feel like I'm living on another planet than you are! We still have NO social gatherings of any kind here. I really miss that.
Don't feel like a bad parent...I have a 13 year old who still can't ride a bike! Not that we haven't tried, but when he refuses to get on the bike at all, it's kind of hard to teach him to ride. He's had at least 2 bikes that he grew out of without ever riding them. We haven't tried buying another one yet. Hopefully some day he will learn!
Next time I'm in Utah, I want to go for a ride on your boat! Those boat trips look so fun.
😠Beautiful Eulogy
That looks like a great way to close out the summer! I laughed at the "great moment" picture and the more realistic operation game. We were slow on the bike thing with Elora and teaching her to tie her shoes. And because she was a little older, she picked both up on the first try. I think there are some serious perks to kids learning to do things when they are older/more ready.
Post a Comment