Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Easter Celebrations

Easter might as well be Christmas- there were so many ways we celebrated! First up, a cul-de-sac/street Easter egg hunt and dinner!

We were going to eat outside but then, due to the rain, we had to move indoors so we offered our house since it's kind of like a church gym. haha My neighbor has these tables and did all the decorating so there is no credit that goes to me here! It was fun to see how many people we could entertain in our house though.

Of course we dyed some Easter eggs. (While Johnny was napping... next year Johnny, next year.)

Then we did a lesson every day about Christ and his last week leading to his resurrection. Mostly that involves watching bible video clips, reading scriptures, some times with candles, and coloring sheets. But then on Thursday we did a pass over dinner. We've done this for a few years now so it was fun that the girls remembered it now. It's an official tradition! We try and have Jerusalem type food, listen to authentic music, eat on the floor, and talk about the Passover dinner.

On Saturday we do our Easter baskets. We hide them and let the girls search for them. That's what my parents did as well when I was a kid.

Sunday morning we had a special breakfast and then read about and talked about the resurrection.

We had a nice time at church and then a great Easter dinner at Buck's parent's house. What a wonderful holiday! Till next time!

2 comments:

Erinlizabeth said...

Basically a church gym... hahaha.... that is quite a lot of tables though! So did they not wear their easter dresses on Easter? Or was June just randomly wearing that dress I made last year?

Lillybet said...

I love Easter and the celebration of the resurrection of Christ. And all the things that we do to celebrate the season it’s amazing how much of the points towards the resurrection. We know that spring is a rebirth of Planson all that’s been dormant for a while just like the resurrection is a rebirth, and I was thinking about coloring Easter eggs and why that would even be symbolic and the more I thought about it I realize that typically in winter chickens don’t like to lay eggs because it’s cold and so unless they are in a more controlled environment they don’t lay eggs and so the fact that we color Easter eggs is kind of a celebration of the fact that chickens are happy again because it’s spring and they start to lay eggs and it’s kind of a rebirth for them so I love that part of it. And as far as bunnies go I guess part of that would just be that they have offspring in the spring and that also signifies spring and the rebirth process. Anyway just some thoughts. And yes I like your analogy of your house being like a church gym. And it’s amazing that you have neighbors who can help do the decorating and set up and everything. Fun times. I wish we had thought about doing a Passover feast when you girls were growing up so I think it’s cool that you have incorporated that into your family.