As you're all well aware, this year's been a little crazy- with pregnancy, moving, new baby, sick husband.... I was really looking forward to Christmas this year though because the girls were so excited. But it's been hard to get out of the house or to know what to do to make and keep traditions. Thankfully they are still little and these years are perfect for trial and error, right? ;) So it's been a hit or miss but we've managed to do a few of our traditions.
Thanks to mother nature, we had some snow.
I was all excited to decorate this year. I have very GRAND visions in my mind- I was going to go all out with this colorful "merry and bright" theme but then.... I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on it right now! So we did a few cheap things and maybe I'll stock up next month on all the after Christmas sales. :)
We did candy canes, ribbon, and made colorful origami.
And that Santa has actually spent most of his time in our front window, scaring people who drive by.
We did some gingerbread houses.
And made some gingerbread men!
We drove around and looked at some lights!
And then got some fancy desserts.
Instead of making neighbor and teacher gifts, we bought them. A scalp massager and back massager with a note saying, "Wishing you a relaxing holiday season."
And then we never did make it to visit Santa this year so we had to improvise and take Santa photos another way...
We have also done our "giving manger" except we forget to add straw each night. But it's out and the girls do talk about it and doing nice things to add more straw so.... we'll catch up on that on Christmas eve I guess....
Hopefully somewhere in there the kids feel some Christmas magic.

















4 comments:
"These years are for trial and error" hahaha! Thank goodness! I'm glad you have your personal Santa. And your decorations look so good in your new house! Also, I need to try the giving Manger thing, my kids have been extra rotten recently!
Where did you get that Santa cutout? Haha! Good call on waiting for after Christmas sales.
Yeah, that Santa needs to be a staple tradition!
Looks like a great time! Things definitely change over the years just be willing to be flexible and keep the meaning of Christmas. Sometimes we try hard to make it magical and we actually ruin it๐ I know this.
Post a Comment