I'll admit, I put off spaying my cat. She was only barely one years old, spent most her time inside, and every time we put money in the budget for it, something else came up that needed that cash. And, in full disclosure I wasn't sure about it all RIGHT THEN because maybe I wanted to experience the joys of kittens. Growing up, our cat had a few litters and it was a great experience for me as a child so why wouldn't I want my girls to have that at least once?
The problem is that I didn't necessarily want it to happen, you know, at the craziest time of life. But of course that's when it did! The very week we were moving, and not sure if we had a house to even move into, I saw the undeniable signs and to be sure I decided to go to the vet, who confirmed it. He even said they could possibly come that week! So that was stressful and I locked Luna up for the last week of her free life. (Because now in our new neighborhood apparently NO cats survive the outside- too many predators- owls, foxes, raccoons, and coyotes.)
I felt bad but what can you do?! Thankfully she waited until we had been settled for a couple weeks. Then late one Thursday night we found her in our closet with four babies!
Thankfully we've had some wonderful family members house-sit for us while we took some of our little trips. And it's been a lot of fun to watch the kittens grow. From blind and deaf little rats to now fluffy, playful imps.
They mostly lived in the closet and then started to branch out into our bathroom...
And now we find them everywhere!
There are three boys and one girl- the little grey and white tiger one is the girl.
I personally named them: Topanga, Shawn, Cory, and Mr. Feeny.
But the girls also had names for them: Chandelier, Skadada, Sweet mother, and Awesome Cuddler.
Buck's brother also called the runt "Wonks" once and that also seemed to stick as a name. Too many names!
They've gotten a bit crazy too. Climbing everything and trying to attack our faces in the middle of the night. It's bitter sweet to give them away.
But away they must go!
Thankfully we seem to be able to have homes for them with family members so we get to see them forever more as they grow up! I'm nervous to hear Luna cry out for them, and I'm really cutting it close here with having them out just in time for me to have my own baby! Yikes! But we've all really enjoyed this little chapter in our family. (even Buck...)
And this will be the only time, as we're going to actually get Luna
fixed now and anyway, she's banished to an indoor life now so not much
chance there for the future. So good bye little babies! We will miss
you!























1 comment:
Those are the cutest kittens ever! I'm not even a cat fan, and I want one of those. :) Now I'm curious which family members are getting them!
Post a Comment