Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy 4th Birthday Hazel!

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY HAZEL!!!!

Hazel Mae. You are so much of everything. You're everything I ever wished for when I was younger and thought and wondered about what my future kids might be like. You're full of laughter, dance moves, bum jokes, questions, and excitement. You're my extreme Hazel. Most of the time you are either exploding with happiness and excitement or melting down, face full of your famous crocodile tears.You're super heroes, princesses, and everything in between.

I hope you'll always know that we are doing the best that we can. We love you in a deep and unspeakable way. The light and fire you bring to this family is only a gift you could have brought. 


You're more logical and the problems arise when the logical things don't go the way they are suppose to. But you work hard to handle the emotional things the right way, even when it's hard. You've been thrilled to make some friends of your own, especially in preschool. You memorized all the kids names from the first day and you've never forgotten them. You even have a little crush on one of the boys and gave him a kiss on the lips one day!


You are kind. But fiery. You like to learn about and understand the physical world around you. You're quick to learn. You enjoy playing card and board games. You like to draw people and really focus on the different emotions and expressions on their faces and then you'll act out what they are thinking. 



But I think, in the end, you speak for yourself. Some of my favorite recent quotes from you are:

After getting in trouble I ask, “Why did you do that hazel?” 
“Because mom. I’m only a tiny grown up.” 

Another day I ask this again, “Why do you do that hazel?” 
“Because mom. I told you kids are hard to work with.”

After dumping sand all over her lap and the floor, “How about a new rule, mom. How about kids don’t get in trouble when they make messes.”

After getting in trouble/being asked a question, “I don’t recognize grown up humans. I do not believe in the them.” And she walks away.

"Do you know why I was giving everyone a hug even though you’re not leaving?" asks Hazel
"Because you love us? "
"No, because tomorrow I’m moving back to candy land."

"Mom, I know you like to sing but, you’re disturbing my powers."

After yelling at someone across the street to go away, Hazel turns to me and says, “Sometimes I pretend I am a mighty king.”

While in an underground parking garage, Hazel says in a concerned voice, "I think we're in a car trap!"

"I'm going to grow bigger and bigger and break the whole city!" Trying to get out of eating vegetables.

"This hair looks like it needs a short cut!"

"I made a picture of Jupiter. And Jupiter is way high up in the sky, far away where you can't see it. So I'm going to hang my picture up way far away in the house where you can't see it!"

Walking out of a store in the evening, "Ah! Night time in the city!"

"My body always tells me to be a goblin but I say no!"

 "I'm going to invite strangers and all my friends and all my family to my birthday party and everyone will sing happy birthday to me so loud that Heavenly Father and Jesus will hear it!"


You've been speaking like a four year old for a couple years now, so there's that but other than that, I can't believe any of this. Age five freaks me out, like, that's a KID kid, you know? And we're only one year away from that! ACK! But I'm jumping ahead... for now I'll try my best to focus on this age and time. May this new year provide endless dance parties, afternoon book readings, excitement for Costco runs, snuggles, talks about the ocean and outer space, and more of your energy and excitement about all the things. 
WE LOVE YOU!!!


Exciting things from Hazel's year of being Three:
Swam with a mermaid
Learned to make puzzles
Learned to scooter
Took a new tumbling class and had a wonderful recital/performance at the end
Got her first passport
Went golfing 
Played her first pranks
Had her hair straightened one day
Started private swimming lessons
Did so much new service for refugees, homeless, neighbors, and animals.
Started preschool
Went wild flower hunting
Learned to take pictures
And Selfies
Participated in a jello fight 
Won her beloved stuffed hot sauce at the fair
First dentist visit
 Won a giant rainbow ball from a claw machine
Rode on a Ski Lift
Went down the Alpine slide
Went Glamping
Sheared a llama
Viewed a Solar eclipse 
Sold her art at a Kid's Entrepreneur Fair 
Dressed up like a bat for Halloween
Sat in a fire truck and turned on the lights
Put on her own lip stick
Went to Disney on Ice

And a HUGE one:
Left the country for the first time to 
ITALY
where she:
Viewed famous art
Touched the Mediterranean Sea
Ate real pizza
Learned to make pasta
 Got to be a flower girl at a wedding
and
Endured jet lag


And lastly, 
The Birthday Interview
(and do yourself a favor and at least watch the very end of the video to see how it ends.) 
How old are you going to be? Four
Full name? Hazel Nut . . . Hazel Mae Harrison. But my nickname is Hazel nut! But Rachelle's kids call me "Crazel" but Gwen calls me Hazel.
What do you look like? A nut. Named Hazel. Hazel nut.
But what about your eyes? Blue
Hair color? Yellow.... orange. Dark.
Favorite color? Pink and purple!
Favorite book? The soft book where you have a doll girl who's tiny and you put her in different kinds of dresses and clothes.
Favorite show? "Don't call me Cute." (which is the movie the Secret Life of Pets, which she's seen once a long time ago....)
Favorite Animal? Bats. Bats are animals too. So I like bats. They are important animals.
Favorite toys ? Elsa and Ana.
Favorite food? Chicken nuggets, dinosaur chicken nuggets.
What makes you happy? Eating my favorite foods and being with my family.
What makes you sad? Someone punching me and kicking me and saying, "That's a bad girl."
What scares you? Spiders.
Makes you laugh? When someone goes "Hm! Bah- GAH!" That's what makes me laugh!
What are you good at? Balancing. And I jump off.
What favorites things do you take to bed? My tag blankies. But do you know what most of all I like? Um, my..... watching the Lion King. I will become king.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A super hero! Bum bum bum!
What special powers will you have? I will shoot rays out of my eyes and carry a big car with my muscles.
Do you have a boy friend? Named Trevor!
Have you kissed him? ;) On the lips when he was three!
What’s a dangerous thing to do?  Jump off really high stuff that are really really high. And they will crack their head open. If you fall on hard stuff you will crack your head open. Even wood is hard.
If you had three wishes, what would they be? A lots of tag blankies. And one of my own own own couches. Blankies. And lots of my own nail polishes. And cookies.
Where’s your favorite place to go? The bounce house place!
Favorite bugs? Lady Bugs
Least favorite? Spiders. I hate spiders! Because they are pretty mean. Some spiders have red eyes and they are black- just black. And I hate spiders because there are BAD SPIDERS.
Where are you from? Earth. And Candy land
How did you get here? I just went on an airplane and 100 airplanes and then 100 taxies and cars and I got here all by myself.
What’s your favorite Jesus story?  Starts to sing, "Heavenly Father, I remember now!"
What about when Jesus walks on water? You can look at Jesus and walk on water but if you look away you will drown drown drown. (then she toots and talks about that for a while.)
What’s your favorite song? Will you sing it? Back to "Heavenly Father, I remember now!"
Who's your favorite singer? Taylor Swift
Favorite song? Look what you made me do! But she wears a black pants and no sleeves and has red eyes and yellow hair and the skin of humans! That's when she changes. But the other Taylor, she didn't change and she has pink and the eyes of humans.... (and then she trails off and falls off the table.)
 And so, that's where the interview ended. ;)

Happy Birthday Hazel! We hope you always know you are loved!

5 comments:

Adrian said...

Hazel is such a crack up!! I love all of her quotes and her interview. I cant figure out where to watch it though...this might be wrong, but I really want to watch her fall off the table. hahaha! Send me link!

Erinlizabeth said...

Oh my word. This child is gorgeous. That hair just kills me. And her quotes. I'm DYING!!! "You're disturbing my powers." Hahahahahahahaha. And what other 4 year old loves bats so much? She's just the most unique. And I totally see Ginny in her interview too. Definitely think they are related. ;-)

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

Haha her fall was so slow-mo, you get the full effect!! Cutie 🤩

4boyzmdmom said...

I love the pictures with all the different dress up clothes!! She looks so happy and exuberant and full of energy. So beautiful!

Dayna said...

I love how your singing disturbed her powers! Lol