Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentine's Day

Hi.
I've really been lacking motivation for things and stuff and life lately. I suppose that happens a lot at the end of winter. At least I hope its the end soon. Do I talk a lot about the weather? Sorry. 
Moving on.

So I've hardly had a thing to post. What would I say? "Here's a photo of me... not leaving my house again." Or, "Here I am not doing dishes." 
So the fact that I still managed to do some Valentine's traditions AND take some photos AND post it -is a big deal for me. So I'm going to go pat myself on the back and THEN I'll get back to having no motivation other than to talk about my disdain for winter. Cool? Cool. 

Luna gets me.

So for Valentine's I did some simple decorations. The cat also thinks she's a prop.
(book from my mom to the girls)

I put candy, cards, and some new books on their chairs.

She was thrilled she scored a mini library set of Fancy Nancy.

And Luna was thrilled to find new trash/toys

And Rosie was just thrilled to see everyone's smiling faces. And heart balloons.

We had heart pancakes for breakfast, (like everyone else in America,) I made June a cute lunch for school, and we even painted our nails a festive pink and/or red.

That evening Buck came home with rose's for all of his girls. 
This was the best photo that we could manage. Then Rose proceeded to use her flowers like a broom.

For dinner I did what I did last year and made heart shaped meat balls, on top of spaghetti (alllll covered with cheese! You've got the song in your head now too, don't you?) Some rose strawberries and a side of green beans, June's choice. We put on fancy violin music to really set the fancy mood.

Cute Rose! (and June's doll creeping in the background... per usual.) 

Some people hate holidays but not me! If do nothing else right this year, I will at least keep with traditions, make some new ones, and carry on even when I have no desire to get out of bed. My girls get so happy and excited and THAT gives me so much motivation, especially on the day of love. 
Till next year, cupid.

7 comments:

Erinlizabeth said...

If that doll goes missing next time I'm in town... it will be no secret as to who might be the culprit. Other than that I love everything about this post.

Anna Harrison said...

I specifically Thought of you when I posted that photo 😂 I knew You’d love it

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

You keep that love in the air going, sistah!

RAQ said...

Great job! Motherhood is about showing up even though we don't feel like it. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. You won't regret these little things that mean a lot to your kids!

4boyzmdmom said...

I think that's amazing for someone who isn't feeling motivated. I hope you feel better soon--both physically and emotionally. Winter is the worst, but it will be over soon, I hope! Hang in there!

Oh, and we didn't have heart shaped pancakes for breakfast on Valentines Day, so at least one American household didn't do that. Pancakes, like so many other things, are now off-limits since we have a diabetic in the house!

alyse said...

Using her roses as a broom. Haha! And a candle light dinner with the family is a great idea. We never know what to do on Valentine’s Day because it’s hard to find someone to watch the kids that day, but a family candle light dinner would be perfect!

Marty said...

Hey- we have something that Buck gave us when he got back from Armenia and would love to pass it back on to your family. Can you send me you home address to my email?
hmeichmann@gmail.com. Thanks