A little over a week ago we participated in a kid's entrepreneur fair. (yes I had to use spell check for that obnoxious word.)
It was only a $10 sign up fee and they got a shirt and snacks. The rules were to simply leave the kids alone and let them do the selling Buck's parents came also (with their huge canopy and table) and hung out with us the whole time and supported the girls!
So what did they sell? I thought it would be fun to get prints of the photos they've taken and sell those. We put some on frames, some just prints, some mounted and a couple on magnets. For fun they also painted a few small canvases, but in the end the photos were the big hit so I'm glad we mostly did that. They were the youngest kids there and the only ones with anything photography related! Their shop was called "Art Mart" which June came up with.
June was funny. most of the time she sat in front of the table and yelled out to anyone walking by, "Do you want anything?!?!" We tried to give some ideas of what else to day but nope, that was her line. But then, of course, she actually hooked quite a few people with it and they ended up buying something! Lesson learned- let your kids be themselves. ;)
I was also very distracted by all the amazing and creative things that kids were selling. Everyone had put in a lot of work and the energy there was amazing. There were lots of treats and baked goods, slime, magnets, dolls, bath boats, art, jewelry, hiking sticks, swords, and even a ten year old boy who had made beautiful cutting boards in his dad's workshop!
Of course we supported some other kids as well. Here were the treasures we got! (and Buck got a cutting board.)
And then that night we gave the girls the money they made and I took them to a toy store and let them pick out whatever they wanted that they could afford. The lemonade stand we did to raise money for the homeless was effective because June wanted to donate all her money again haha but we did want them to learn that when you work hard you can also reward yourself as well.


















2 comments:
The photo of the kids selling the crayon caddies/bath bombs? That's my friend's kids! I really wanted to go and support the kids, but life didn't work to allow that!
What a great idea!!! If I had been there, I would have wanted to buy something from every kid. There were some really cool things!
Post a Comment