Listen, I'm sorry I take so many photos. I don't know why I am so obsessed with journal-ling life in every form, but, whatever. Onward I go!
August was full and went WAY too fast. But isn't that the way summer always is? It's rude. It should take its time like winter does and winter should pass in a blink of an eye. But okay, I'm rambling.
AUGUST odds and ends:
Yoga and more yoga!
A couple trips to the gardens! One of our favorite places!
A "welcome to life" baby shower for my cousin Alyse and her new baby boy! I was proud of how it turned out since it was my first time ever doing a BOY party. ;) (and no, I didn't pinterest it!)
Summer time and the living is fine for this watermelon addict.
I can't say much about this secret party but I did need to brag about the awesome fancy s'mores spread I put together.
I love seeing the ways kids' minds work. June places colors all over and Hazel likes to group them.
Dinner at Denny's with friends.
And then play time at the crazy castle park!
I thought this cat was funny that June drew.
Faces!
First, it was odd that she squished all her animals and self to the end of her bed,
and then it was extra odd to find her sleeping with a dime on her eye. KIDS ARE SO RANDOM.
We are making, slow, but forward progress with the cats. Tiny moments of peace. And then Miso goes back to hissing all over the house.
Life as a little sister getting put in boxes with random objects.
Company while I try and get ready for the day.
The saga of the tree climb 2017.
June wanted to climb our tree so she did but then she was too scared to get back down. But we wouldn't just rescue her but instead tried to help her work through her fear and figure out how to get down on her own. I loved watching Buck and his patience and guidance with her.
A wonderful (and expensive) date night to the crafters farmers market in SLC! (as in we bought way too many cool things.)
Bridal shower for my soon to be sister in law, Lauren! We can't wait!!
Mostly I just wanted a photo to remember how cute she looked this Sunday and this was the best I could get.
Some photographers say that they are "above" taking sunset photos. But as long as I remain on this earth, I am forever "below" them and in awe and will take a million photos!
I LOVE HARVEST TIME!
Picnic at the park!
Adding Luna to our family has been the best!
When June so sweetly makes me a breakfast of toast with clumps of butter, covered in mountains of sugar and topped with raspberries.... I eat it.
Aquarium visit!
Cousin visit!
Buck's truck broke and so he got a new car! And it's electric so we are excited for his commute to be so much better.
Buck's work had a party at Boondocks so of course we went.
Hazel wanted to play this large claw machine that got giant balls. Everyone in line before us didn't win. As we got to our turn I had barely started to move the claw when Hazel excitedly jumped up and pushed the big red button, sending the claw downward. "Oh no!" I exclaimed. But then the claw gripped onto a ball... raised it up... and BOOM. She won a giant rainbow ball. "I won, I won!! I really won!!!" haha
Lake trip to throw rocks.
This photo pretty much sums up Hazel.
Some of the AMAZING quilts at the art museum!
June's a cute big sister.
"Hey mom! You better come see this!" as I turn the corner to find Rose with a bear towel on her head, eating our dirty underwear.... Thanks June...
After I took June on a date to the princess tea party, Buck took Hazel on a date to the bounce house place and then to ice cream. These are the only photos we have of proof...
Recently I went to experience a "sound bath" meditation thing at some yoga studio. They used a gong and "singing bowls" made from crystals. It was actually a lot more intense then I thought it would be! The sounds get into your head and you can feel it bouncing between your skull from ear to eat as if they are playing the sounds alone in your mind.
Our own personal chef and doctor.
I just think shadows are funny.
I went into costco to grab "one thing" so I didn't get a cart, like a fool, and I ended up with my arms overflowing and people were laughing at me... never again.
And that's a wrap! Good bye dearest August! Come back soon!













5 comments:
My favorite is how Hazel won the rainbow ball!
Great month! That ball story made me smile. Also, good work on the parties. They look fun!
SO I laughed a lot during this post...Rose shoving a banana in her mouth, June with the dime in her eye, June's toast...I also thought June was holding Rose in the photo where she has a balloon monkey on her head (that's a weird sentence)...and I was like...holy cow..do you really let her hold rose like that...Edwin would not be alive today if his brothers were allowed to hold him...then I realized it was a doll...I think...Also Rose looks so big, and her hair seems darker than her sisters'. I kinda hope she has Buck's dark hair!! You're welcome for this forever-long comment!
I loved a lot of these photos. Those quilts!! Wow!!! How did you manage to take a selfie while holding all that stuff at Costco? I do that all the time, by the way...go into Costco to get one thing and then wish I had gotten a cart because I end up getting more things. It must be in our genes!
Like your yoga pose at the beginning of your post. There's so much I could comment on but I am sad we never got to go to that Quilt show while I was there. Loved your pictures of the quilts. I could not pick a favorite because they are all so awesome. And of course I was laughing at all the pictures but found the one of Hazel with those huge glasses to be the craziest. Always fun to get the monthly dump to see what you've been up to because I only know portion of what really goes on. 😏
Post a Comment