Since Rose was born early we were able to go to Boise for Christmas this year.
The drive there went well actually, Rose did great. But the last
little bit of the drive it snowed and the roads got scary and I was
SO anxious about it! It's an awful feeling with three little girls in
the car! They were oblivious thanks to movies and headphones.
Home safe.
(And, for the record, I did NOT do a spectacular job photographing anything this trip. I am tired and worn out from a newborn so that's my excuse.)
The next day, on Christmas Eve, the kids all went sledding at the park in my parents neighborhood. They had grand, snowy time.
Sledding with their cousin Ginny!
After seeing this photo I went home and washed my coat...
Hazel sat in her own little snow pod and ate snow for a good 15 minutes
The sun trying to peek through.
Back home again and time for a some baby wearing.
And wrestling
And a Christmas Eve feast!
The girls got pajamas and robes to wear to bed and watched a cartoon of Jesus's birth day.
They left cookies for Santa and off to bed they went.
Christmas morning we went to church first and it was great with lots of music and then we were home again for presents. Good times!
And then in true Christmas fashion, there was lots of lounging.
That evening we had another feast! Cheese fondue and giant crab legs! My FAVORITE.
It was a good day and we love having some cousins now!
And as for the rest of the week? We stayed home mostly. I tried to
take a lot of naps. All I wanted to do really was sleep and be warm.
We did go in the hot tub and the girls had fun with that. The girls
also got to go sledding another time
they loved that and playing in all the snow. I went to visit my old
friend Kathryn in her new home. Carrie and Scott and their girls came
to visit and June was SO excited to play with their girls. Buck and I
went on a lunch date which was nice. I watched several shows. We all
watched movies. My parents took the girls to an indoor arcade/fun
center and they had a blast bowling, playing games, and going on
little rides. Oh! And Buck and I did get to steal away to the temple!
Friday, the 30th, we came home- but not without struggles. We ended up
leaving two hours late because Hazel got a sudden ear ache so
Buck had to take her in to the instacare and get her medicine for an
ear infection. Then we drove and drove. And drove. It felt a little
different. And as I was marveling at the sunset that was setting the
clouds on fire my mom called and said, “Where are you going?!”
and I instantly knew it, we WERE on the wrong road! She had checked
her phone app that shows where I am and saw that we missed the turn off
to Utah and were still headed across Idaho to Pocatello. So we added another two
hours on the trip. Which added about 80 more potty breaks and an
extra feeding for Rose. It was … not my favorite.... but thankfully
the girls were good and we were safe!
All of these photos were taken right before finding out we were lost. So I decided to add all of the them. I hope you will enjoy these "drive by shootings" since they came at the high cost of being on the wrong road.
So there it is. Another holiday in the books. Life is good and so is Boise, family, and fuzzy bath robes.







































5 comments:
This seems like the perfect Christmas for you this year - resting and taking it easy. That stinks about losing two hours on the way home. I have totally done that in reverse. Drove toward Boise vs Pocatello. So tragic!
When Scott drove from Salt Lake City to Rexburg last month to pick up Jared, he somehow got on the wrong road and headed towards Boise instead of Pocatello! That also added a couple of hours onto his trip and he ended up driving through a mountain pass in the middle of a snowstorm. He wasn't too happy about that. So funny that you did the same thing, going the opposite way!
The snow looks really pretty--we haven't had snow here yet. Frank is so disappointed!!
Don't ever make me wonder about life without fuzzy bathrobes! I love the close up of their faces on the sled, and I wish I had the guts to get in an outdoor pool in December, even if it is heated :P
As always, it was a wonderful Christmas, even if we didn't do a lot it was great to just be kind of more lazy and enjoy the hot tub and all of the snow and a few games. As usual I am sad when you leave because I realize that we won't get together for Christmas again for another two years at least. Grateful for the times we get together.
I want fondue and giant crab legs!! I need these recipes, seriously, my attempts have turned out horrible!! Oh, and Merry Christmas, sounds like a good time!
Post a Comment