Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lately- Leaping February

Guys, tomorrow morning I am leaving on an airplane to Armenia. Which is freaking crazy. So what is one of the last things I am doing? A blog post. Because I can't think straight and my priorities are out of whack. 

Here's a photo that I forgot to add to an old post about Boise. But look how cute Hazel is!
For a YW activity we got to visit this old church that has long since been a factory for making pipe organs, which is so random and I've been wanting to go inside for a long time ever since I noticed it so this was exciting for me.

Nail painting party.
It was Hazel's first time doing it by herself and I love her face of concentration.

Family outing to Cafe Rio

Sick.

Coloring!

After her naps all she wants to do is lay on me and I loooove it

My friend Erin took me on a dinner date. It's always nice to get out without the kids!

Baby shower for Carrie. She's doing the nursery in a Seattle theme (where she's from) and so we did the shower like that.

June's ant farm! Pretty cool to watch them work so hard and make these intricate tunnels!

Hazel getting spoiled from my relatives for her birthday.

Visiting the Curiosity museum with Carrie when she was in town. Always a good time.

My old roommate, Sarah, was in town again! And I got to see her. And I remembered that it was her birthday so I surprised her with bubble gum ice cream because I did that once years ago when we were i college. I tried to make the memory full by adding a sparkler but my lighter was a dud. Cool story huh? 

I painted with June and this is what I did. Definitely not an artist! haha

After painting shenanigans.

So many cuddles
At the doctors
Having to wake her up early for June's dance class

Another YW activity, back at the temple open house!

My mom shipped a box of oranges, grapefruits, and lemons from Arizona to me and it was incredible.

Sometimes we take them to the Disney store just to test their abilities to leave without buying anything and to know that that is okay. ;)

Anywhere the sun it, there is Miso also.

Sometimes June wakes up before Hazel. And me. So she comes and tells me stories in my bed. It's kind of the best way to wake up.

Pops not regretting his move to Utah at all.

Another Aquarium outing.
Tried to watch one of the 4D movies but June hated the element of surprise so we only lasted like 3 minutes.
I just love her little lounging feet.

For one of our family nights we played Twister and ended up making up our own version.

One of the most precious moments that really sums up their sister relationship. I heard June say to Hazel, as they watched a show, "It's alright, you can lay on my lap." and I peeked in to find her scratching her back too.

I've had more doctor appointments in the past few months then ever in my life. June and Hazel are so good for me when they come along.
My Armenian family sending me off to Armenia with well wishes.

Turns out Build-a-Bear boxes make for great space helmets.

Making cookies with her easy bake oven

Going to dance class in her new ballet shoes.

I tried to have a fun little music class with the girls and it didn't go as I had envisioned...

So maybe it's not quite warm enough for Popsicles but we don't care! It's warm enough!

Practicing...

All I did was take a shower. When I came out the kitchen chairs were everywhere, the fridge door open, drawers open and utensils and cookie cutters scattered. I found the girls in the living room, the coffee table filled with with fruit and yogurt, bread and plastic knives. And two little sandwich artists proudly eating their creations. There were some nice smashed blueberries joining with the carpet and more pieces of bread soaked in yogurt than I care to mention but over all it was impossible to be mad about. It was too creative and independent.

June got a hold of a Lion King coloring book and a single red marker. For some reason she thought it was best to draw blood coming out of every. single. mouth in the book. She was really committed to this. "Mommy, they ate BLOOD!" Yes June, we can all see that... really gives a new feel to the story, you know?

June came and showed me this picture of a "couch boat." I asked her if she had seen that in a show or something and she said, "No, I just saw the couch and thought about if it turned into a boat so I drawed that."

I threw myself a good bye lemon-honey tea party. Thanks to Erin for suggesting it to be at her house! 

 And now, to end this post, I say GOOD BYE to February. There is true warmth on the horizon. It's not quite here, but so close. So here are some photos of a spontaneous drive to the lake with Tanya

And the moon rising over the mountains. March is going to be crazy. As is this year!

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

So you are sitting right here next to me in Armenia and I love reading about all your family adventures. I love Hazel's cuddles and how cute your girls are together, the sandwich creation was my favorite...but all in all this post just made me miss my kids soo...thanks!