Monday, August 3, 2015

Oregon Day II

Hi! Welcome to day two of our quick Oregon trip. This day started out with some crazy times with crazy kids:


But then turned into a cool drive to the beach. It was a two hour trip, not counting the five times we had to stop for June to pee. (good gracious!) We took the back roads and so we went through several small towns. I've never really seen small Oregon towns before so it was fun. But it left me with a million regrets- there were so many wonderful road trip places to stop at but with the girls and Buck's “I just want to get there” plea, we didn't stop anywhere besides gas station bathrooms. If I could have I would have stopped at: this HUGE endless orchard with tall thick tress that made it so it was day time above them but midnight underneath, a wooden sign with “Hazelnuts” painted on it, a monastery, a few antique stores, a pottery shop, a tie dye truck, this MASSIVE air plane museum that was in the middle of nowhere (!) and probably at one of the many, many vineyards. Absolutely incredible. That drive was killing me! I need to go back without kids now...


Finally we made it to the hotel. As soon as we got out of the car we could smell the salt in the air. LOVELY! We checked in and then we didn't leave the hotel room for a couple hours... we just were too tired to do anything!




But alas, we needed to eat so we drove the main street and let June pick the restaurant. June begged to go to this place that had tigers holding pancakes painted all over it so we went there. And... it was super random.

After that we went down to the beach, even though it was bed time. And I'm glad that we did! We needed jackets but really it wasn't that cold. There were intricate clouds connected together like lace, leaving windows for the sunset to paint. There were these clear jelly fish everywhere that had washed up. The kids went straight to work playing in the sand and I started to take family photos for Max and Rebecca. And we also got some fun family photos thanks to Rebecca and Max!
There was laughing, jumping, cartwheels, running. Buck was awesome, holding babies but jumping around trying to make kids smile for the camera. I love him. We were all really surprised at the great weather, they said we were lucky and had a real treat for an Oregon beach. I'm not complaining.
Photo by Rebecca!
Photo by Rebecca!

A couple of the official family photos:

I love this one, sums up how I feel about my friendship with Rebecca- happiness!

Hazel got grumpy (way past bedtime) and so she was like this:

Unless she was like this:
*sigh

That night at the hotel we set our phones up as a baby monitor and Buck and I headed to the pool to sit in the hot tub. Max was there with Charlie and Miles was still up too so they were all there. The hot water helped to melt away the tiredness a little bit. After that we got some hot chocolate in the lobby and sat by the fireplace for a minute. But we were tired and that was that. Bed time. 
Another great day in our life! 

2 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

I love this day! I guess we should also mention that we have never been to a beach outside of Oregon or California so a good beach day to us may not hold much merit! And WOW! I'm loving the sneak peak of our family photos! Also, we have still not gone to that airplane museum, it's pretty expensive but we should probably go someday. Next time we visit we'll send Buck and Max with the kids and we can have our own coast road trip!

4boyzmdmom said...

That sunset at the beach was amazing, and so are all the pictures!