Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hot Dogs Roasting on an Open Fire

A couple weekends ago my sister and her little family came to visit! They stayed for a few days and the living was fine. One of the highlights was going to the mountains to roast our dinner over a fire. And thankfully my sister had her camera with her because I forgot mine. (plus I've really been slacking lately)
 
For dinner we cooked hot dogs on the fire. We also had marshmallows, of course. Hazel was so tragic, she kept falling down and tripping on rocks. She was tired and hungry and wanted nothing to do with the food that I brought for her. Yet somehow I have all these photos of her looking happy. And everyone else was actually just happy the whole time.

June and I were able to escape and go on an adventure. We climbed up the hill of the mountain we were on. It was actually super steep. We got higher and higher and soon the trees thickened enough that we couldn't see anyone anymore. Then the rocks began to build on the path and we kept slipping and sliding on them. All the while we were "fairies with wet wings so we couldn't fly." We needed to find our other fairy friends who were lost. We came to a rock wall that built upon itself like stairs, so we started to climb up them but once we did I realized it was more like we were actually just rock climbing. I decided it was a bad idea... June was so excited to get up the rocks and onto the cliff above us but yeah... we were not prepared for such an adventure. But I'm pretty sure it was the biggest thing June has ever climbed and I hope she has memories from our adventure. I had urges to take photos but I didn't have my camera with me. I was grateful for this though, it helped to remind me that some adventures are only for the sweet places of our memories.
June's treasures she found

Now for some other photos from the weekend!
June is such a good older cousin.
The girls!

My sister sells Usborn books and so I decided to host a party for it at my house. I was nervous and didn't want to pressure anyone but YOU GUYS. These books are seriously the best!
And because I hosted a party I got all of these books for hardly any cash at all! At the risk of sounding like a saleswoman, you can also have a party, even one online through facebook and you could get all these books for practically free! I get absolutely nothing out of it if you do have a party so just know I am only saying this to help you! I just can't believe what happened! I'm still in shock over all these books I got for free!!!! Click HERE to see the website and contact my sister for more details. And if you live in Vernal, my friend Carrie also does this. ;)

ANYWAY, we went to that awesome soda shop place. This time I got one of my all time favorites
And the girls got candy...

And... I guess that's all the photos I have. Told you I've been slacking lately. But it was a good weekend. Glad baby Ginny could come to Utah for the first time- her fist time out of Idaho! I can't wait for the girls to grow up more and play together and be cousins! Hooray for family.

3 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

A) Campfire cooking is the best
B) remember that time you facetimed me during the Usborne party? at the very moment Max was preparing our firepit for us to cook dinner on!
C) I love cousin photos and those girls are so cute!

Erinlizabeth said...

Yeah that was an awesome trip. Just not long enough!! And thanks for the plug. ;-) Wait until you see some of the new stuff that's coming over the next year!!

4boyzmdmom said...

The picture of the three girls together is the best!!