Last week we got to do something special as a family: We got to go through a temple all together! For those who may not know, once a new temple is built it is open to the public to tour the whole place. They do this after a new temple is built for a space of time, usually a few weeks, and then they close it for a dedication and after that point you have to meet certain qualifications to enter.
The open house we were able to go to was in Payson Utah. June was excited to go. She knows what temples are and loves to point them out but she obviously had never been in one. As we were approaching the door she said, "Maybe we will see Jesus in their because it's his house!"
If only June Bug. I kind of felt bad for her.
But she was soothed by all the pretty droplets of crystals hanging from the ceilings, the marbled floors, the stain glass windows. Buck held her and taught her everything he could. I know she may not remember much about this event one day, but I hope both her and Hazel can remember feeling hope and light.
Jade came too!
So many pretty flowers
In the visitor's center. A classic family photo
The best one we got.
And then we drove home in the thunderstorms.
I'm grateful that we live somewhere where we have these chances to have special experiences together as a family. If anyone reading this has any questions about LDS temples you can click HERE to read more about them!
3 comments:
Don't you love their innocence? Elora said something like, "maybe Jesus will come over and play too!" the other day. It was super sweet in context. I am excited to take her to the open house. We are so blessed to live in an area with so many new temples.
That is so neat! I was just about June's age when I went to the Portland temple open house and I can still remember a little bit!
Those purple tulips are amazing!! Wish we could go to a temple open house. When the boys were little, we went on this wild weekend drive to go to the Nauvoo temple open house. I don't think they remember it much. But I'm glad we did it anyway! Haven't been able to go to one since then.
Post a Comment