The hotel I found was awesome! We got an awesome discount because my
uncle works for Marriot (Thanks Frank!) so I found one in Park City that is an actual
vacation club and it's right on the iconic main street. It was really
nice. And we were able to get a two room plus living room/kitchen with a
fire place all for super cheap!
We thought we were going on a fun family outing but what we didn;t realize was that we were entering into
Things were great at first. When we got in the room both the girls were ecstatic to be
somewhere new. Hazel walked from room to room, practically running,
laughing and throwing her arms in the air as she went. June was elated
to find that she had her own room with a bathroom, TV AND a phone. She
immediately started playing on the phone. Five minutes later Buck called
the front desk for something and they answered all weird and then when
he replied the lady said, "Oh! Sorry, your kid has been calling down
here!" haha Oops...
We got some pizza and pasta from a nearby restaurant and brought it
back to the room to eat.
Then we got in our suits and headed to the
pool. Hazel was all weird and clingy and freaked out about getting in
the water, which is weird for her. June liked it though and Hazel
finally calmed down and had fun. There was a movie playing on a huge
screen at the front of the pool which was also fun but they had it
turned up super loud so it was a bit over stimulating. Buck
let me venture outside to sit in the hot tub alone. But then Hazel, who
was mad to be there was now mad to leave. So we left with a screaming
baby.
We came back and got cozy and got some hot chocolate
and watched a show,
Read some bed time stories,
Then we got the girls to bed in their own room. It
was fine. Buck and I sat by the fireplace and talked about our future. It was all good until.... We
heard coughing and then gagging from the other room. We raced in and
June was about to throw up. Things... ended up all over the carpet. Not fun.
So we let her stay up for a while and watch a movie with us while
her shirt was drying (I hand washed it.) Buck thought it was a good idea
to let her eat some cereal....
| Twin cereal eaters |
And lo and behold after she was put back
to bed she was throwing up again. So we put her back to
sleep out on the couch that pulled into a bed in the living room and we
retreated into our room. I left a pot by her bed this time. And sure
enough she puked for a third time, I only made it in time to get half of
it. So we had to change all the sheets again on the bed. It was a long
couple of hours! And not how I imagined our fun getaway.
June slept the rest of the night and was okay. We we were getting ready and were trying to pack up to leave Hazel threw up EVERYWHERE. *SOB!
By
this point there were like 6 places on the carpet with throw up on
them. So we covered them with paper towels, left an apology note and $20
for the maid and then got the heck out of there. In the elevator I
confided to Buck "Honestly I'm kind of sad about how this turned out, it
was suppose to be special and fun. But.... I know when we look back later
on it will be funny and definitely a memory we'll keep right? Right?? Besides, it
may have been worth it just for the sake that all that throw up wasn't
on my carpets...."
The whole thing was incredible. So far we had endured mono, bronchitis, croup and a sinus infection. So we added stomach flu to the list.
(Sadly, the list didn't stop there. But that's for another post, another day. )
I'm hoping to leave the Twilight Zone of sickness soon! It follows us around, there is no escape, not even in a nice hotel!

5 comments:
I like that the plus side is you didn't have to clean your carpets. So true! But you might have to use an alias if you ever want to go back there ha ha ;)
I feel like these are the things that only happen to you! Hooray for clean carpet!
It WILL be funny later, and you'll always remember it and laugh about it for years...I promise you! (In the meantime, Tanner is laughing for you.)
But seriously, how did you find that hotel room? We NEVER find anything that good, even with Frank's awesome discounts!
There is a time called "mud season" in park city and the hotels get a major discount as it is and may is mud season so that's why it was already pretty cheap!
Good call on tipping the maid! Poor cleaning person. Poor family!
Post a Comment