It comes as no surprise that I need to work on finding some beauty in the winter.
So to combat my seasonal blues I decided to do a personal photographic study on the phenomenon of what I call "winter fruit." I started noticing this last winter actually, when I saw a tree with no leaves but still dripping with apples. It was so cool looking! Unfortunately that tree is completely bare this year, but I started to find a lot of resilient berries and such. Unlike leaves, their colors do not change, they do not fall with the wind. They hang on until pushed out by some new fruit I suppose. And I find this beautiful.
So I present to you:
Winter Fruit
If I find any apples, I'll let you know.
Until then thanks for looking.
xoxo
















3 comments:
For those who have eyes to see.....it is as if the fruit is saying I am here to give you joy in those days of cold and gloom.
Gorgeous. I'm glad you did this!
These are great! It's harder to find beauty in winter but it's there. I love how bare trees look against the sunrise or sunset...you can see every little branch & twig, plus you see the overall intricate pattern they all make together. Can't see that any other time of year.
Post a Comment