It's probably a boring thing to blog about but hey, winter time.
I don't know what spring cleaning is because I always get the itch after the Christmas decorations come down. I want a change since we're stuck inside. I've been cleaning out black hole like drawers and cupboards that I never thought I would get around too. It's been wonderful. Here are some of the other little things we did.
Flowers always help:
So I also got little vases for the wall.
This isn't new at all but I really love them. It seems to be a trendy thing now but I did this before I even knew what pinterest was so like, I own it right?
This, however, is totally trendy but I like it.
We added a new cheap bookcase next to the old one. We were able to clean things up that way. It was so cluttered before! Cleaning that area up felt like we pumped fresh oxygen into the room.
We also got a new plant and actually pumped new oxygen into the room. I would have more if i had room. I really like plants.
And we got a new ceiling fan. I don't even remember why we did this but it's made a huge difference in the room!
And THEN I actually got crafty and, with lots of help from my friend Adrian, I made these flags for the girls room! I actually used a sewing machine! And so, okay, maybe I have some practice to do to get a straight line but I was proud. Maybe I'll start churning my own butter next.
View of them over their beds.
But in the end THIS is the best view in the house. Being all together is heaven no matter the season.











2 comments:
I wish I felt like cleaning because my house really needs it! I love all your little decorative touches. And the flags int he girls' room look great!
I love that you love to surround yourself with things that make you happy.
And those flags are adorable! Good job!
And I get an itch to "spring clean" after Christmas too haha!
Post a Comment