The day before Hazel's birthday I was sick with the stomach flu!! It was horrible and I cried that night because (I was sick and tired and couldn't reason logically) I was worried Hazel wouldn't have a special day. And I wont lie to you, the morning of her birthday was awful. I was so weak and she kept crying but I was about to black out from holding her. So I cried some more. But then I ate some applesauce and BOOM- my energy started to be revived! The first thing I did was blow up the rainbow balloons I had for her. She liked them!
And then the true heroes came. My family! They came into town for her birthday and man alive did they save the day! First they took the girls swimming. We thought it would be fun since Hazel loves it so much and it turned out to be the best idea. Her and June both had so much fun. I stayed on a bench and watched but at least everyone else had a good time. :)
After swimming and naps, we went to ice cream. I don't need to tell you that that was a happy time.
Once Buck got home from work we went out to eat all together at the Olive Garden. Hazel was good! And she was happy to eat some mac and cheese and with a side of grapes. And she even got "Happy Birthday" sung to her from the servers.
I'd venture to say that she had a good day. (and so did June!) I know she wont remember this day so some people say that it doesn't matter. But it does! I wanted her to feel special and have fun. Just because you may not remember something one day doesn't mean you shouldn't ever do anything special. So Happy Birthday Hazel! Turning ONE is a big deal. :)




















3 comments:
Your family is pretty awesome..and Erin is so cute all pregnant! And Happy Birthday to Hazel! I think your kids will always feel special!
It was a fun day. Wish we could have rescued you sooner but it all ended great.
Where is that awesome indoor pool? Why didn't Utah have all these cool places when I lived there? We took Scott to the zoo for his first birthday!
Post a Comment