After spending a rough week due to Hazel teething- running nose, grumpy, the whole deal- I was determined to make the next week fun. It started out promising. We had a good Monday at the aquarium with our cousins:
But then Tuesday happened. I got super sick with mastitis (a breast infection, hello 103 fever!) and as the night wore on June started getting a cough and a high fever too. Two completely different reasons, yet we were both feeling awful. Hazel was still teething so we ended up stuck at home for another week. I was feeling so trapped! But at least I got some good cuddles.
I did everything I could think of. Bubble baths, spoon fulls of honey, cough drops, movies, soup, essential oils, everything.
But while I got better, June got worse and worse and her fever got super high so we ended up at the doctors office. A great Friday night to kick off the weekend.
The whole thing was kind of a bummer because Buck's parents got me tickets for my Christmas present to see Beauty and Beast on stage and it was for that Friday night. I had decided that afternoon that June was too sick and we shouldn't go. Because of this I gave Hazel her normal naps, whereas I was planning to skip her second nap so I could put her to bed super early before we left on our date. (she still nurses to sleep) so the whole thing exploded and we tried to find someone to take the tickets and a lot of options went back in forth but in the end Buck and Jade took a sister-brother date and went together. I was glad that they got to go and the tickets weren't wasted but still. Somehow on my big night out I ended up at home alone with my kids! Haha!
So the next day I was like "SEE YA" and I went for a drive and stopped at my spot. I got out and went to the shore of the lake, it's been warm here lately for winter! It was a peaceful time for me. I was able to meditate and ponder life and talk about it with my Heavenly Father.
So the next day I was like "SEE YA" and I went for a drive and stopped at my spot. I got out and went to the shore of the lake, it's been warm here lately for winter! It was a peaceful time for me. I was able to meditate and ponder life and talk about it with my Heavenly Father.
And with that I was determined to make this past week the best I could. And it worked!
We started out by going on a mommy-daughter date to the Curiosity Museum. We also got some chocolate milk and a cookie.
We started out by going on a mommy-daughter date to the Curiosity Museum. We also got some chocolate milk and a cookie.
The next day we went to the library with some friends and read a few books in the teepee
The next day we went to the crazy bounce house place with our friends.
And that night Buck wanted to be spontaneous and go out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Here's a photo of him teaching June about the fine art of peanut cracking.
The day after that we went to The Puppy Barn with some friends and got to hold super cute puppies!
After that the girls and I went to the party store. We didn't buy anything but it was fun to roam. June was so excited to see all the princesses that were cardboard but outs. Hazel thought the hats were the funniest things.
Then the weather was so yummy that we played outside for a long time. And THAT was good for the soul.
This Friday was much better. We went to the animal farm with some family friends.
Then spent the evening playing in the buttery sunset.
That evening maybe I still didn't get to go on a date but June and Buck did! She was so excited and made sure to wear her ruby red shoes and pink coat.
Saturday was spent playing outside in the perfect weather. We even went on a family bike ride! It was Hazel's first time and she loved it. Heck, we all did.
And we ended the night with homemade pizzas.
And to top it all off- they brought back my favorite childhood cereal!
This week will carry us through anymore sick times. There is always calm after the storm.





2 comments:
You can't enjoy the sweet without the bitter. The good week was most certainly more joyous after you had had such a hard week. And daddy daughter dates are the best.
I am so jealous of your nice weather out there (hello single digit temps combined with high winds!) But sorry you and June were sick. Mastitis...ouch!! I remember how that feels. I'm glad you had a better week this week.
Post a Comment