Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Rainy Days


Last night I laid on the couch, the house silent and dark. I held the phone to my ear, listening to the sound of Buck's voice on the other line as he told me of his stressful day on his business trip to Stanford. Then I recounted my day. I told him how I took the girls to a huge park in Salt Lake City and how it lightly rained the whole time so we had the whole place to ourselves. 


 It felt good to do something that I wasn't suppose to. You're not suppose to play at the park in the rain, not when these days are surrounded by good, sunny ones. You're not suppose to let your clothes get wet or take a baby in the rain. You are, however, suppose to jump in puddles. And June didn't miss a single one.



I then told Buck how we met Alyse and Abram there. We walked and played. 



 And then we spontaneously went to the Aviary, which really was like a zoo full of birds. You're also not suppose to go to zoos full of birds in the rain. But it was cool! And also not very crowded at all.


This red bird "has hair just like Ariel!" exclaimed June




Also, I decided that flamingos are in my top five favorite animals. PINK!

 

Sometimes a rainy day isn't so bad. I told Buck we would not, however, be moving to the Pacific Northwest anytime soon.  But hooray for getting out of the house on a day when everyone else stayed in.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

this is great. it actually rains every day in florida in the summer and i take tucker out in it every day. who makes up these rules anyway? we love it.

4boyzmdmom said...

I'm not a fan of getting wet, but good for you for doing your own thing!

Max and Rebecca said...

Kmrses azis ;) Also, I'm incredibly proud of you for going out and ENJOYING the rain. Don't swear off the Northwest quite yet!