So maybe June is a little spoiled. But, I mean, my baby was turning THREE and I wanted to give her a party that might stay in her memory as she continues to grow. And after all of this she better remember something!
First of all, I made these invitations. Well, my sister designed the actual ink part but I made the scrolls. I'm not typically crafty, so I was proud of myself
Now, before you think that I went completely overboard for my 3 year old's party, you should know that these castle walls you're about to see were borrowed from someone who had previously made them for a wedding reception.
So yes! We had a castle in our backyard. Throwing a party and photographing a party can be hard work, and sometimes I don't take as many photos as I want. This time around I totally spaced taking a photo of the over all yard so... you'll have to put the pieces together and imagine it in your minds.
Entrance:
Tables and murals. Murals that apparently we didn't put side by side very well.
Cake:
And now, before you think I was crazy and hired a cake maker you should know that I borrowed a cake set from a friend AND Buck's sister was here and she makes wedding cakes and stuff. What luck!
Table center pieces.
Swords and wands as party favors
The birthday princess!
The King
The happiest princess baby
The whole royal family
As guests came in there was a place to pick out their own crowns and decorate them with stickers.
Then there was the Bibbidi Bobbidi Bubble station. There were bubbles flowing around and basins of soapy water and straws that the kids could go crazy blowing bubbles in.
Bubble date
For dinner we had one of June's favorite meals- pancakes. We also had bacon, sausage, eggs, and fruit. And a cinderella pancake pan so... yeah.
Then we had a pinata- what party would be complete without it?
I found a pumpkin one and we made a sign for it:
Watching the young kids hit the pinata was funny. And in the end I had to rip it open. haha
But once it was open it turned into a carriage! Well, there were carriages in it filled with candy.
Everyone had a merry time
The cake was excellent
June was further spoiled with gifts
And at the end I surprised her by coming out in a (large) Cinderella dress. "There are two Cinderellas!" June exclaimed as she looked at her own dress.
I think it was a happy day for my June bug :)
(Also, the only idea I got from pinterest was for the invitations but
everything else- like the activities and stuff- I came up with by
myself because pinterest is seriously lacking in Cinderella party ideas. I should be famous.)


































6 comments:
AH! THIS IS SO GREAT!
And you SHOULD be famous!
What a magical birthday!
The pinata was amazing. And Hazel was so cute.
And June is such a happy princess. I could keep going.
That picture with June waving the sword around and bubbles floating all over the place - amazing. I commend you.
This is alyse, by the way. I'm too lazy to switch back over to my normal google account.
This is pretty amazing! I'm glad June has such amazing and resourceful parents (and aunties) I totally didn't see the twist coming with you coming out as Cinderella! I love it!!
I always had so much fun with my kids' birthday parties! They took a lot of time and I always spent too much but they were so fun & I don't regret it! For their third birthdays the oldest three had 101 Dalmatians, Peter Rabbit, and Winnie the Pooh. For Seth I did Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but I didn't have his party until he was 4 because...yeah, the older three could barely remember their third birthday parties! I can't imagine June forgetting that castle, though, or the cake, or the bubbles....
My parents gave us totally cool birthday parties too and I remember them quite well, except for the first one...it's pretty blurry!
Anyway, great job!!
I always wondered if going all out for a birthday party was spoiling my child but in the end I think I really did it for me because I loved to do the parties myself and enjoyed them just as much or more than my children and I suspect you are this way too. Hats off to Jade for making the cake. I loved it. You are so creative as I've said many times before. I loved the piƱata pumpkin that was filled with the Cinderella carriages and candy. What a clever idea. The crowns, the swords, the bubbles, the pancakes, love love. But of course I love your biggest surprise of all and that was coming out as Cinderella. I would love to have seen Junes face. I definitely think you should pin your ideas.
Post a Comment