Sunday, July 27, 2014

June's Real Birthday

Okay. Just one more post about June's birthday, I promise....
Because her party was the day before her actual birthday and I didn't want the real day to be boring so we did a few small things to start her new year as a three year old with pizazz.

I decorated the kitchen. And put balloons in her room and streamers on her door as a wake up surprise.

She got whatever she wanted for breakfast. She's a simple cereal girl.
yellow photo! I have no idea why but I had no time to edit these
Then we got ready for church and I actually curled June's hair for the first time.


Princess balloons.


After church June got some new princess dresses and had to wear one. 
Then she got to have whatever she wanted for dinner. She's a simple mac & cheese kind of girl.


Then we kept good on our birthday tradition and she got to set off a sky lantern. Originally I was going to do a lantern per year, so it should have been three but we just did one.







And for bedtime we gave our special present to June. We paid my cousin to illustrate a personal story for June. It's a tale of how Princess June has to find her way back home to her castle and the adventures she has on the way. We made sure to have her two favorite stuffed animals in it so she would know it's her story. This gift was perfect and she loves it just like we hoped. And we know she will love it for years to come. Here are a few of the pages.

And NOW we're ready to take on this next year.

2 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

So how many princess dresses does June own now? I've seen Ariel, Aurora, and Cinderella at least. The story is a great idea and I love how the parents in the last picture look like you and Buck, too!

4boyzmdmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.