Last weekend while my sister was here Buck and I got to go to church together, just the two of us. Well, just to the first part anyway, I had to go home and feed Hazel. But before we went home we left church a little early (judge not) and went to the lake for a breather. I keep wanting to go because I find myself being ever pulled into nature and quiet places of the earth. So, it was like a little heavenly date.
On the way back I noticed a random pirate ship off in the distance in a field.
So we went home and I fed Hazel and then Erin and Dan said we cold go adventure to the ship and leave the girls behind again. And so that's what we did!

We ended up going on quite the little nature walk and found all sorts of odd things back in that area and we even had to cross a river on a log. haha. So hard core.
Then this weekend my cousin Molly came to visit and she told Buck and me to go get some ice cream or something. We are surrounded by awesome people! So we went to this place near by that has snow cones year round (score!) and Buck got an ice cream cookie sandwich. We sat on the couch there and cuddled and had a good talk about how we have changed and where we hope to go as a couple and best friends. It was much needed.
So yeah! I'm so grateful for the chances we had to go on some little dates this month- a month that would have seemed impossible to get a date in otherwise (you know, with a new baby and all.) Hooray!








6 comments:
The last picture is not working! Fix it! Must see the snow cones!
I'd say the pirate ship is a tender mercy put there just for you.
So about the pirate ship. I think it was the day that Buck's parents had just gotten there and I was driving from grandmas back to your house after I had to pick something up there and I decided to take a slight detour myself. I drove down the street that went to the lake and was just looking around when I noticed that same pirate ship back there. I was going to mention it to you, but obviously forgot, because I thought it was rather random but I see you found it all on your own. I shouldn't be surprised. I wonder why it's there? Did they use it for some random movie ? I'm sure you have some theories. I am glad you got some time alone.
The pirate ship!!!
Seriously. Pirate ship?!?! By your lake???
You are so good at finding adventures!
Post a Comment