I wanted in that moment to be young in an endless summer. Going to camps, breathing in the air and flirting and never knowing what each day may bring. Seeing the lake, standing on mountains. Have I really given my youth all that I could? It's a scary thing to ask yourself since there is no going back.
Maybe Buck turning 30 and knowing that my time is also coming soon got me all pensive. Perhaps it's that I am feeling lonely in my house, unable to really leave it- yet everyone else keeps moving along with their normal lives. It's hard for me to think rationally all the time. Sitting around for weeks makes me feel like maybe I am wasting away the last remaining drops of my youth.
But then I was able to remind myself that I have the decision of how long I will remain "young." Old French proverbs and quotes started waltzing through my brain.
"It takes a long time to become young." Said Pablo Picasso.
And guess what? I get to choose! To remain young doesn't mean an endless childhood, but it does mean that it's all in my mind and attitude. That sense of adventure- seeing the whole world as a gallery of art. Fresh air- there will always be more to find and to deeply breathe in. Wrinkles don't have to define my age. My spirit can decide. And I decide to stay young forever.
(This time of year there is an event called "the lake thaw."
That mound that appears to be snow is actually
thousands of icy spears that shatter apart like glass.
It's breath taking and strangely theraputic
to break up the ice in your hands.)
--> If the video doesn't work from the play button try pressing your space bar <--
(All photos from phone camera)



5 comments:
Good that you could have a break from the house! Keep doing that until you are recovered and can really go do stuff. Hang in there, the time really does go so very fast. I know I say that a lot but I can still remember being at your phase and my first 2 are missionaries. Freaky!
Beautiful Pictures! I really like the blue of the sky
This makes me really want to be in Utah. Oh wait. I'm going there TOMORROW! BAM! Also those icicles are rad. Also those pictures are awesome. Also we can be young this weekend. The end.
I always thought the first few weeks after having a baby were the sweetest, but also the hardest. After a few days of doing nothing much more than sitting on the couch feeding a baby, I would be going stir crazy! I never could understand those ladies who didn't show up at church for months after having a baby (except in RSV season). I looked forward to Sundays because it meant I had a really good excuse to get out of the house! So hang in there, it will get better. And you are right...you're as young as you decide to be! That is why I am still about 21! :)
Post a Comment