So, in the past ten years Buck:
Lived in four different states
Drove a silver mustang
Served an LDS mission in Armenia
Got his bachelor degree in Business, information systems
Got his Masters degree in Instructional Psychology and Technology
(He is done! Just the actual walking and graduating part is next month)
Started his PHD
Got Married
Had two beautiful daughters
Bought a house
Worked like, 15 jobs that have lead him to his current "big boy" job at a company he loves, doing things that he loves
And there are a thousand things in between all of those that were beautiful, scary, hard, and adventurous. Lots of swimming in oceans, laughing at movies, getting pulled over by cops, dating crazy girls, road tripping across the country, doing lots of yard work, camping, building, and perfecting the art of making a chocolate chip cookie. (okay so maybe he is still working on that one.)
--But one of the things he accomplished last decade that I admire about him the most--
He started at one point as he turned 20 years old and he kept moving up and up as he grew closer to God.
It's amazing to me how Buck just keeps getting better and better. No, he is not perfect, but His love for God has been the central theme of his 20's. That's what got him to where he is today and to the point that he can feel peace as he grows older. His example is a strong one, the personal things he has overcome make his last ten years a huge testimony that God loves us and that Christ lives.
And I cannot wait to see the man he becomes in the next ten years. And I am so happy I get spend the rest of his decades with him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCK! WE LOVE YOU!!










.jpg)







2 comments:
I agree, Buck really did do many amazing things in his 20s. It was fun to get a rundown of all of them. Here's to the 30s. Most of all I think it is good that it matters to him that he wanted to do things that made a positive impact in his family and others lives.
Happy Birthday Buck! That is quite an impressive list. Now I'm going to have to think back and make my own list for my 20's. I did go through a lot of changes and big life events in those years!
Post a Comment