Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Eve

Our plans to celebrate New Years Eve came together the day of, but in the end it was perfect and we had a great time! We spent it with Buck's parents and sister.




We ended up eating Thai food for dinner and then we went out to our secret lake spot and set off some fireworks and sky lanterns. The fireworks were funny. I don't know why but they were to me. They ended up being a lot bigger than we thought- shooting high into the sky and exploding like it was the 4th of July... and we were so close to them! haha The sky lanterns have become a tradition for us. (see HERE and HERE) It's a cold tradition but it feels special. We simplified this year and only did two- one for the old year and one for the new. Being at the lake is the best for it too- it's so calm and there was nobody else around but us.





Then we came home and had chocolate fondue and played games.

psycho dog
 June stayed up till nine... so basically the bed time she's had since Christmas. But I mean, she partied hard and was ready to sleep.





When the new year came we had cheers with our cider and pulled party poppers and played with sparklers.




 Then Buck and his family went back to playing Risk while I went to bed.


And by "go to bed" I really mean that I stayed up in bed watching video clips of the giant potato drop they had in Boise this year. I was sleepy and the whole thing made me laugh all by myself for a good ten minutes. I started irrationally texting friends about the giant potato count down, and it was in this moment I reaffirmed to myself that alcohol is not needed to make me loopy and crazed.

But seriously you guys. A giant potato. It was hilarious.

anyway...
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

5 comments:

Carrie Lynn said...

ABE!

Max and Rebecca said...

What's with June dancing Naked on the table...?

Erinlizabeth said...

Haha, poor Abe.... Those hats make anyone look ridiculous.

4boyzmdmom said...

Was June impersonating baby New Year? Looks a lot more fun than what we did (well, especially since we really didn't do anything). A giant potato drop? Only in Idaho!!!

Dayna said...

That potato drop is the worst idea ever