Saturday, January 25, 2014

Doll House

Ever since June got her doll house when she turned two she has been obsessed. She plays so delicately with the family members, acting out scenarios from our everyday life. She will stay in her room for an hour sometimes just playing with the doll house. She sticks with the mommy, daddy, baby, June, and grandma for the most part but there are friends who come to visit like two fairies, aunt Jade, and two dinosaurs.

One of my favorite things is coming in to her room and finding the different set ups she has laid out. Sometimes it's pure chaos and then other times there are careful scenes laid out. I have been taking photos of some of these as time goes so that we can always remember how our tender two year old plays.

Family vacation on the piano

Then the piano turns into a hotel


It's common to find the family all in the car. Sometimes the mom is lounging in the back seat. I wish! One time the grandma was standing up on the roof of the van. haha

Another common one is the dinner scene. Sometimes there are some tears shed as people fall off their chairs while she gets it all set up but in the end she gets them all settled. And in this case, the mom and dad got a marble on their laps. Lucky day.

I love finding them all set up in a row, watching a show or movie.

This one gave me a good laugh.

 I guess in June's ideal world, we would all sleep together in the attic.

And my personal favorite .
 

7 comments:

Adrian said...

The dog going for a stroll made me laugh out loud. So funny! I can't wait for Elora to do more imaginative play. It's my favorite!

Max and Rebecca said...

I love two year olds and the imaginative play...She is so funny! The marbles in the laps...hilarious!

Lillybet said...

Awesome to see that she thinks that families like to do things together. Guess you are doing things right.

audrey said...

So cute! You will be so glad you captured this! Are you printing out blog books? If so, where do you do them?

audrey said...

So cute! You will be so glad you captured this! Are you printing out blog books? If so, where do you do them?

4boyzmdmom said...

I love dollhouses, too as you know! It is so fun to get a little glimpse inside their minds by the playthings they leave behind! I guess in that way (that ONE way!) it's a blessing that they don't clean up after themselves. With boys, you find things like attack of the dinosaurs at the dollhouse!

Dayna said...

Love the Toilet! ha ha ha