My sister got married!!!!!
And we got to be there for all of it.
Buck was lucky to be able to work from "home" for the week so we left Monday and stayed until Sunday. I didn't take many pictures of the days leading up to the wedding, but in that week we got to spend time together, June went swimming a few times,
my mom, Erin, and I got manicures and pedicures,
I took bridal photos of Erin (see below), and we did things for the wedding. I got to see a couple friends but mostly I was home. Oh and Buck and I went to the Antique Mall for a good hour and came home with one copper mug. Success? Yes.
Before I go any further, let it be known that I was not their wedding photographer, aside from doing some bridals. But I couldn't help myself from photographing some of the day. :) (and I can show more of the cute June photos when they get their photos from the professional)
Friday was the day of the wedding and a definite highlight of our lives. Erin looked perfect, Dan was on cloud nine,
the temple sealing was wonderful, my dad made an epic slide show of them that we all got to view at the luncheon, and the reception was enough to make me jealous and want to get married all over again (but to Buck, again.)
The reception was in a nice, clean barn. There were tables with wooden chairs and log benches. There were candles and flowers everywhere- I was especially obsessed with the flowers. They had someone come in and put drapes up to lower the ceiling. There was a barn door with photos of them on it. There was old furniture and pianos with photos on them.
And then there was the food!
There was smoked pork with three kinds of barbeque sauces, mac and cheese, stuffed mushrooms, corn bread muffins, pickled veggies, potato wedges wrapped in bacon, fruit in lavender sauce, and... I think that was it. It was the perfect food for the barn theme and it all tasted amazing.
For dessert there was dutch oven apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, pudding pie parfaits, cookies, and mint chocolate brownies. (and of course cake!) Are you hungry yet? I was so obsessed with this cake. It was an art piece.
(can you even believe this cake decorator? She piped all that lace on the pink layers! And sculpted those flowers out of gum paste. I think she should be famous.)
June was happy to stay up late and eat candy and dance the night away with everyone else.
And I got to wear her flower wreath because she refused (two year olds these days.) But I was more than happy to be the hippy bridesmaid.
And now, here are some of Erin's Bridal photos!
![]() |
| I am the most attractive photographer that I know, clearly. |
I hope that Erin and Dan are having the best honeymoon in Cancun right now! Yay for weddings and eternal families. And a thank you to all those who cared and showed support by coming to the wedding and helping out. Weddings have a funny way of filtering out those who care and those who don't, am I right? So thank you to all you who showed your love!
xoxo





























6 comments:
This makes me so excited! Congratulations to Erin and Dan! The reception looks absolutely beautiful! And yes Anna, you are the most attractive photographer I know!
Holy stinking moly! You are not the only one in your family who can throw an amazing party, Anna :). That looks incredible! The cake!! The food!! The flowers!! The barn!!!!! So creative and yet formal and classy. Erin is gorgeous! Glad she is so happy! :)
beautiful. so happy for her, and you!
GAH! So many pretty things! But Erin is the prettiest. Dang she looked good!
I've been dying to see photos of the reception so thank you! It was so beautiful and I wish I could have been there. (I do care! Just live too far away!) The decorations and everything are so creative and unique, but beautiful. And that cake! I thought there was real flowers and real lace on there!
Everything was perfect. I love Erins Bridals. I am so happy for her!
Post a Comment