Monday, September 16, 2013

Jade

The days were getting rough. My sister in law, Jade, was about to go home from a summer working in Maine at a girls camp. She would be home three weeks or so before school started again at BYU-Idaho. I was kind of joking when I texted her "Hey, new plan. You come here for a few weeks and be June's nanny." But she immediately responded, "Okay!!" and well, not-so-long story short is that she ended up coming and spending three weeks with us! 


And before I get into it I wanted to add here that a couple nights before she arrived it was our actual anniversary. I had given up hope of doing anything and besides, we were already spoiled earlier that month. But my friend Tanya surprised me and took June away so that we could do something! Instead of dinner or a movie we decided we wanted to go for a drive in the mountains. It was the perfect way to relax and get away and have time to talk about our three years of marriage. Thanks again Tanya! 


From Buck



Now, back to Jade.  Basically her credentials sum things up. She is getting a minor in culinary arts and loves to bake and cook, her first degree for a while was child development and she loves being with kids, now she is majoring in sociology so we have lots to talk about, she worked a summer as a maid for Princess Cruise lines so not only does she clean well, but she can fold wash cloths into monkeys.

I remember one of the first nights I wanted pudding but it was Sunday and I just wanted to tell Buck my sad craving story. Then Jade says, "I love making pudding from scratch!" and then she did. And it was better than anything a jello box could do!

She also braids hair. She braided June's hair sometimes and often I had her braid mine since I have been having the gag reflex from hell, it helps to keep my hair off my neck, and sometimes you get sick of buns.


We also had a girls day and painted our nails. Another weird thing- in high school she worked at a place that threw parties for little girls and part of that was painting their nails. Too bad June would rather paint her own. ;)

Jade went to the grocery store for me so many times. I HATE that store right now and this was a huge blessing. This is a picture Jade took of June in her cart while she was buying her own back-to-school groceries.

She also went out on craving runs for me like soup from Zupas or .... french fries... you know, the essentials.

One of my favorite things was she did the dishes all the time! This is something I am always doing myself, but have really given up on lately. So to have a clean sink and unloaded dishes all the time was wonderful! Now I see how lucky Buck must feel with me all the time. ;) 

And on top of that she cleaned house all the time. She would ask me about my weekly schedule and keep up with it! Amazing! 

She also made dinner a lot of the times! Half the time I didn't even want whatever it was but Buck was sure grateful for this.

She also helped buck in the yard and in the garden.

And she helped him make jam with all of our peaches and raspberries.

She spent a lot of time playing with June and keeping her company while I laid around. If it wasn't for Jade, June would have done a lot of this:

She was also able to take June to the aquarium and zoo two different days while I stayed home and took hot baths. It was a great aunt and June date and I got some quiet time.




The three of us:

Went to one last day at the pool.

Went to the discovery garden.

Went raspberry picking (this was also with Buck and my friend Alicia. And her dog.) (best car ride of June's life.)

We did some shopping. Can't believe I didn't buy this amazing ... cloak...


We also went on a hike (also with Buck)
and to pizza pie cafe.

We had a girls day and we all got our hair done.


Depsite the opportunity, Buck and I didn't go on any dates aside from two different temple trips. This was a great chance to go on a date but really, she was here because I felt like death. 

If it were any other point in life I'm pretty sure I would have taken advantage of someone being there while June naps and gone out to get some things done or something but nope- I napped pretty much everyday during that time!

June was pretty excited her aunt Jade was here the first few days but then she got possessive of me,  especially with changing diapers, getting her food, and wake up times. You know, the times I really would have loved the help. ;) I think she could tell things were off with me and then Jade being here made her unsure of things and so she needed to know that she had choices she could make and that certain things would stay the same. A little preview into our future with another kid I'm sure.

Jade stayed in our little living room on an air mattress without complaints- she's an easy roommate!

So as you can see, I was incredibly spoiled. A lot of times I felt guilty and thought about how there were so many other people who deserved and needed someone like Jade more than I did. But in the end I was just grateful and I mean, isn't this how it's suppose to be? Family taking care of family? Back in the old days people say that the women in a family all rallied around and helped each other but these days we are all so far apart it can be hard. I am grateful for this glimpse I got into taht world and I plan to pay it all back!

To thank her we threw her a little surprise thank you party. We got her some presents, had Cafe Rio for dinner, and had smoothies as a dessert (because she is trying to stay away from sugar this whole time.)





Now she is back in Rexburg and I hope that she has all the wonderful things happen to her that she deserves!  Thanks so much for everyhting JADE!!!!! You're the best sister in law anyone could hope for!! We love you!
old photo when June was like, 10 months old

4 comments:

Adrian said...

Talk about awesome sister-in-law!!

Max and Rebecca said...

WOW!! Where can I get a sister like her?

Dayna said...

What a giving girl. She seems awesome.

4boyzmdmom said...

Holy Cow! When does she want to come see me?! ;)