Saturday, June 29, 2013

Berry Bridal Shower

You may think I'm insane because I am posting the bridal shower that I threw and photographed on the same that that I threw it and photographed it. And you're right, I'm a little crazy over here. But we have a big week ahead of us and I needed to have everything mentally and physically clear before I could go forward.

So. Today was MY sister's bridal shower!! So, yes, it was a BIG deal. I mean, she's my one and only sibling. And we're all pretty excited. She flew here from DC for the weekend to find a wedding dress (found it!) and have the shower and so my parents also came down.

While I was the official "party planner" I could not have done it without my mom, who did so much for it. One of Erin's friends also helped out with some things and I am so grateful.

The theme I decided on was a berry theme, and I think everything turned out pretty good. :)

The flowers in the berry crates were an idea from online and my friend Adrian helped and taught me how to arrange them. I was proud of them. :)




We had it at my grandma's neighbor's house, because, well, it was perfect. (and they have an entire western town back there also. This is unrelated to the party but it was fun for the guests to tour afterwards. Yes, a western town with a saloon and bank and post office and hotel is in their backyard.)
(We had the party on their terrace area. Not in the western town.)



This vintage table cloth was given to Erin as a gift afterwards.




We had these rad plates made out of palm leaves and wooden forks.


Milk and raspberry lemonade in mini glass jugs and water with lemons and cranberries.



There were berries all around.


We had fancy cheese: asiago in rosemary, white cheddar in cocoa powder, cranberry chipotle, and smoked gouda. mmmmmmm

I also made some sweet berry bread from scratch.

Asparagus and ham roll ups with cream cheese.
And lemon honey sticks.


And a berry short cake bar.


I can't wait for my sister to get married in September! I am beyond grateful for my family.


Now it's down to June's birthday party next month and then I think I may never throw another party again. ;)

To see more photos of the bride and groom check out my photography blog HERE. :)

9 comments:

Carrie Lynn said...

This is the cutest thing ever and I am so sad I had to miss it!

Also- a western town. A WESTERN TOWN

Erinlizabeth said...

Carrie we were sad you missed it too. But I LOVE the table runners and it looks like Georgia had fun. And yes, A WESTERN TOWN! Anna, did you take pictures of it??

The shower was epic. Best sister and mom ever!

Curtis Pew said...

Do we get a picture of the prospective groom? We couldn’t really see him very well at Dad’s party yesterday.

Max and Rebecca said...

I don't know how you are so amazing but...you are!

alyse said...

Never throw another party again? Yeah right ;)

audrey said...

Okay I have been the worst commenter ever lately *sorry* but WOW! I was blown away with your incredible baby shower for Carrie and then you turn right around and have another bash complete with palm leaf plates and wooden forks? You need to teach me how to throw a party :). And congrats to Erin!!!!

4boyzmdmom said...

I'm sorry to tell you this Anna, but you will never stop throwing parties! You were born to throw parties. :)

Wish I could have been there!

amynicole said...

Looked awesome! So original and beautiful! Nice work! ... I need to catch up on all that I've missed!!!

Adrian said...

Loved seeing the final product! It turned out awesome! And I agree with everyone else, you are a natural party planner and I don't see you stopping anytime soon :)