Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Marching into April

June continues to grow into a big kid. I mean, look at her! This picture even inspired Carrie to drive down from Salt Lake so that our daughter could hang out before they get too old and don't remember each other.

As you know, June finally got some hair. It's fun. And crazy.


We went on a family date night to see the new movie The Croods. June sat through the whole thing, minus one "don't take my popcorn!" tantrum. It was a great movie and fun to take June! She was so interactive, saying "uh oh!" when something bad would happen and laughing at funny parts.

The weather has been miraculous and we have enjoyed the beginning of family walks. We're excited to get the bikes out soon! But mostly I wanted to show this photo because June looks like a rascal.

Last week we went to a funeral. My aunt's father passed away and we went to support her. It was a beautiful service and I enjoyed learning more about her awesome dad. We went to the burial too and it was at the same cemetery where my grandma and grandpa Dabel and Keith and Nancy are buried. So I was able to take June t visit them. She even gently put her baby doll on their graves, like she was giving a gift.

 -->June has somehow decided to say “thank you” (taint joo) all the time after I give her something. It is so cute! I didn’t even really teach her this yet but I guess we say it to her a lot so maybe that is where it came from. I need to get a video of her doing it for proof because for all I know tomorrow she will stop saying it, and heaven knows when she's a teenager that it will most likely stop.  ;)

Last weekend I photographed another wedding. This one was a LOT more low key and simple so it was pretty stress free, as far as photographing a wedding goes. It feels good to sometimes contribute to "bringing the bacon home." Maybe someday I will save my moneys and buy new photographer equipment...

My sexy assistant
Some of the photos. They really just wanted simple and classic photos. So, that's what I did:












At the reception. Goof balls. This is my new favorite photo


Yesterday June and I had lots of adventures. First we went to the aquarium:


 And then we met up with Kenzi and baby Elli to go to "wiggle time" at a library. June loved it! First, we got to do a craft and read some books and then it was class time. She got to wave scarves, shake maracas, sing and do actions to her favorite songs, play with bubbles, and dance. Seriously, why doesn't the library by me have this?! It was free and great. We would go every week if it was closer to home.







And after that we ended the time by going to get some frozen yogurt, which I'm apparently always craving these days, that and eggs benedict.


3 comments:

audrey said...

Beautiful wedding pics! And I'm amazed that June sat through a movie. We took Jaden to oz and it was a huge mistake. Maybe he would like the croods though? I'm still recovering though so i don't know if i can attempt taking him to another one just yet, haha.

audrey said...

Beautiful wedding pics! And I'm amazed that June sat through a movie. We took Jaden to oz and it was a huge mistake. Maybe he would like the croods though? I'm still recovering though so i don't know if i can attempt taking him to another one just yet, haha.

Dayna said...

June is really starting to look like a pew