Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 Dates

Looking back on 2012 was humbling. It was so beautiful and I don't even know why. Today I looked at my new years resolutions from last January and I was surprised to see that I accomplished almost all of them! Awesome.

As I looked over my blog from the year I got a little emotional. I am so grateful for the things we did together as a family and as a couple. And I am SO grateful for the photos that I took through out the year. I could see the seasons change in my photos, I could feel what it was like to be there again.  I feel like I actually captured the spirit of the year. I could see how I grew in my art and as a person. I became overwhelmed with love for my blog! Of all things! This crazy place I come to and wish for comments- it has caused me to document and capture our family and life in a way I'm not sure I would have otherwise. So be warned- the photos and events are not slowing down this year! I can't wait to print up each year into a book!

So.

I decided to review the year a little differently this time around. A few months into 2012, Buck and I decided to really focus on just one significant date a month instead of lame, last minute ones every week.  We still have at home dates all the time but it worked out better to find something unique once a month. So I thought it would be fun to timeline that. And then it grew into a timeline of our family dates as well and all the crazy things we did together. And then I made a list of the dates June and I had together (and usually with another friend or two.) And then I listed a few things I've done without Buck and June. Because it's interesting to me to see how I'm growing on my own as well.

Our Dates:


Texas Road house to celebrate five years since meeting
Snow Shoeing and staying over night at Bear Lake
Valentines Day ice skating
Dog sledding and a diner
Sushi and game night
Getting sausages to re-enact our 1st date
Eating Mochi ice cream balls and walking on the beach and talking in a Hawaiian sunset
Going on a ghost tour
Riding the Ferris Wheel at a Sea side carnival in North Carolina
Having a picnic in Midway
Batman movie
Going to the Cheesecake Factory and then to the Rock & Roll music and light show at the planetarium
Anniversary Campingtrip!
Sushi
Climbing a rock wall and paddling canoes and then to a diner
Eating French food and then seeing Broadway company performace of Les Miserables
Going to the Leonardo Da Vinci museum
Walking around and viewing the Washington DC monuments
Eating duck and lobster at a fancy restaurant at the Zermatt
Going to the temple together once a month


Family dates:

Minerals and Gems festival
Going to Boise
Getting Pie Shakes
Lots of Bike Rides
Going to HAWAII and swimming in the Pacific
Especially the Bamboo forest hike we did just the 3 of us
Baseball game in a suite
Native America Pow wow
Going to NORTH CAROLINA and swimming in the Atlantic
Going to a beach side aquarium
The Lavender festival
An Antique car show
Going to Star Valley Wyoming
Hiking
American Fork Carnival
Utah State Fair
Boise The zoo
Crandall Printing Press museum
Pumpkin Patch
Halloween photo shoot and dinner at Denny's
Seeing Washington DC museums
Butterfly atrium in North Carolina
Temple square lights
Celebrated every holiday and threw parties


June and Me:


The trampoline Jump house
The Tulip Festival
So many different Petting zoos!
And so many swimming pools
The Sweets Candy Factory
The Hogal Zoo
A Pioneer cabin museum and a diner
Snow cones and Dinosaur museum
Raspberry picking
The Lake
Thanksgiving point- animal farm and ice cream
Gardner Village
Duck pond
The Library
Frozen yogurt
Going to the Park, often
Uncle Ben's Halloween party
Swimming in the crater
Zoo lights

Some things I did on my own:

Got pampered at a day spa
Girls night and slumber party and a late night lake swim with Leah and Kelia
Started taking singing lessons once a week
Hatched Butterflies 
Had so many photo sessions! I'm kind of a part time working mom sometimes. haha
Girls night at a hotel with Carrie
Laid on a Hawaiian beach
Drove the Alpine loop
and
Killed a tortoise


Also

We feel happy that we were able to see my parents nine different times and Buck's parents six different times- which we feel is pretty great seeing as they don't live in the same state as us.


6 comments:

audrey said...

I love this! Awesome lists! I really do love your blog and my goal is to be more detailed in mine this year. You've inspired me. :) Can't wait to see your 2013! Happy New Year!

Max and Rebecca said...

Good Idea! I seriously believe that being accountable to a blog makes my life more interesting!! HAHA!

4boyzmdmom said...

You will always love the record this blog keeps of your family...you think you won't forget, but you do forget many things until you go back and read about them.

You do so many fun things and whenever I read your blog I think that I should take more time to do those kinds of things. You are a good example to me!

amynicole said...

you inspire me :)

RAQ said...

what a blessed life! so great to take note of blessings AND to plan these events because we can let life get TOO busy to enjoy which is REALLY dumb! you are an inspiration!

Adrian said...

I love your monthly dates! We need to start being better about that. There are so many fun and even free things to do in Utah.