Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The rest of the Thanksgiving week

So aside from the things we did for my birthday and then excluding the actual day of Thanksgiving, we spent a lot of time laughing. Seriously, so much laughter, it was invigorating. I am stunned at how well we all get along, and on the other side, how well Buck gets along with my immediate family as well. It's crazy!

And anyway, we also watched SO MANY MOVIES. We went to the theater THREE times, plus watched like 5 at home. It was crazy, but it felt so good...

We also got to go out to eat two other times, aside from my birthday dinner. We had breakfast out one morning and then Sushi the day after thanksgiving.

Sushi boat!

June loves her uncle!

We like to get matching breakfasts...


We also go to go shopping. That family knows how to shop! I had actually never been shopping on Black Friday. We went at our leisure during the day though, mind you. But still- so many sales!


Shaking it with the big kids



After Black Friday we went to a flea market, and it was the best thing. I could have stayed for hours. (and spent for hours...)






And we had a lot of fun just hanging out.

Tea parties with the dog

And on the ledge

 We went to the grocery store a lot





Everyone would wake up with June. Except Buck and me. ha



Me and Buck's house is the one with the lemons on the roof... we didn't win the competition




We were gone from Utah for ten days. I thought that by that time I would be ready to go home, despite the fun times. But when it came time to go I was sad. It was a great week and even though there were some hard times for June because of travel, it was worth it. There was something so magical about being able to sleep in, to leave to go to the store without June whenever I wanted, t see movies, But YET to still be with June practically all the time. It was the best of both worlds.

I know I say it a lot but I'll say it again and again, I have the BEST in law family. My brother and sister in law feel like some of my closest friends and my mother and father in law feel like second parents to me. They have always treated me like family and it means the world to me. I really  don't know how I got so lucky to have an amazing family and then to top it off God lets me marry into another amazing family that feels like a perfect fit as well.

We can't wait to see all of our families at Christmas! This is the best time of the year- if for no other reason other than we get to see family twice in a row.

3 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Looks like so much fun! Why do you think it's called a flea market? I've always wondered. That coat of June's is adorable!

RAQ said...

Fun times for sure! Family really is the greatest blessing!

amynicole said...

Your sushi boat looks like the feast on HOOK just before the food fight. I hope one of you for the hat on the far right!