I'm back! Okay,
most of you didn't even know I was gone. Maybe you even enjoyed the
break from my blog in your news feed? It's fine.
But alas, I'm back!
And as you can see from the title, we were in North Carolina visiting Buck's parents and his brother came to.
The first day there we just hung around and then that evening we went boating on the lake. It was June’s first time. She got to wear her own special little life jacket and she seemed pretty docile after that. But that lake water was like a bath and I loved it. I even went tubbing- which I NEVER do. And I kind of enjoyed it.
On Tuesday we went to Carolina Beach
for a few days. We had two connecting hotel rooms and it was perfect.
Mostly we spent our time playing in the ocean and laying on
the beach. And going out to eat. And we did swim in the pool. Our hotel
was right on the beach and all the rooms had balconies and faced the
ocean so it
is perfect. June really does love the water and she has loved the ocean.
But alas, I'm back!
And as you can see from the title, we were in North Carolina visiting Buck's parents and his brother came to.
The first day there we just hung around and then that evening we went boating on the lake. It was June’s first time. She got to wear her own special little life jacket and she seemed pretty docile after that. But that lake water was like a bath and I loved it. I even went tubbing- which I NEVER do. And I kind of enjoyed it.
The first night Buck and I went for a walk alone on the beach. We walked down a bit and the world went quiet. The water was so warm.
Then there was the 4th of July. The night before they actually set off the fireworks from the beach. That was June’s first time and she seemed to like them okay. They were a little loud and intense and she only wanted to be held by her daddy. But on the actual 4th there were fireworks going off further away and she loved those- she was clapping and pointing and she even started waving at them! Haha, it was cute. We bought sparklers ourselves and had fun with those on the beach. Oh and the moon was super creepy and huge and red. Which felt festive. Well, maybe more festive for Halloween but whatever, red is a color for the 4th.
The last night at the beach Buck and I got to go on a little date and go to the carnival on the beach. I really only wanted to ride the Ferris wheel so that is what we did. Then we walked around holding hands. And it was perfect.
Back in North Carolina we ate more food, did some shopping, and Buck and I explored a field with graves. I got to see my friend Amanda! (We've been friends since high school and she lives out there now.)
And the whole time June just walked and walked around. She is loving being such a big girl. A little too much...
The week was wonderful. We can't believe how blessed we are. A big shout out and THANK YOU to Buck's family- you're the best! We can't wait to see you again in September!
So, you know me. And you're probably wondering where all the photos are? Well, like our week in Hawaii, I have a billion photos. So I am going to do a few posts for them. Only this time I feel like posting them in categories as opposed to days. Because I'm an exciting kind of girl.
Today I think I'll post some airplane photos and then some of hanging out and the in-laws yard. Enjoy!
June kept running away in the airport!
My in-laws have 16 graves in their backyard! Crazy!
Their dog Chloe
She loves her Uncle Ben
Backyard
Hanging out with pops







2 comments:
Fun vacation!
I noticed you were gone...and I'm glad you're back! Even though you can see that it took me a while to get around to actually reading your posts!
Post a Comment