Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Yard

Buying a house built in the 1950's may have its problems. But the fact that there are so many flowers and bushes and trees that grow and bloom and bring color to my life, without me laying a finger, is pretty awesome. Sure we have had and still have lots of work to do but it has been exciting. There is so much spirit back there. Every day June and I go outside and check on every living plant to see how it is progressing. I love them all. And there's still more to come- I have two HUGE lilac bushes that are getting close to full bloom! So exciting.













And then there is our tree out front. I mean, let's get real- this is pretty amazing. AND it's my favorite color! And give it some time- Plums will appear this summer!




I'm pretty much obsessed. I don't think I'll ever want to buy a new house. The older the piece of earth, the better. (As long as you have a good lawn mower and some pruning sheers and a pest control company, that is.)

2 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

I love your yard! So beautiful. Spring is such a wonderful time of year. :)

RAQ said...

:) enjoy it!