You know me.
Well, maybe you don't.
But either way, if you've been frequenting this blog then you know I'm a photo... uploader. (best I can come up with.)
So Easter is no exception.
But before all of that.
. . .
Easter is my favorite holiday as far as the actual meaning goes. Obviously. It celebrates the most important act done by the most important being. It's meant different things for me every Easter. Some Easters it made me weepy thinking of seeing my loved ones again one day in their own bodies. Some Easters it made me silent knowing that I could repent and change. Some Easters it was reverence to the life of Christ.
(One Easter it was excitement over my very first perfume I got in my Easter basket. Don't judge, I was 13.)
And this Easter?
Well, I honestly haven't been as focused as I wanted to be. But I've been trying all day and failing somehow. And as the black sky begins to sing her lullaby, I calm down, and I wonder.
What does it mean to me now?
Right now it means that as my little baby sleeps, I feel peace knowing she exists.
And as Buck sits near me reading his scriptures I feel peace knowing we have forever.
For me it is a jolting reminder that I need to kick my life up a gear, keep moving from good and into better and finally onto BEST. I think I understand where I am right now but I see where I need to go. And because of today-
that doesn't scare me.
I know that Christ LIVES. He heals and He saves. He is our everything.
And I feel like that should all be after the bunny photos, but- you know. The silly side of holidays is fun for me too. Although not everything.
But here they are anyways.
The extent of my Easter decorations.
Our amazing Easter baskets. (not shown: the super cheesy and cheap "mom" necklace that Buck got me from Walmart. Amazing.)
Saturday's secular outfit.
Believe it or not- but I didn't actually mean to dress so matchy-matchy with June.
My orchid corsage from Buck. What a man.
The Easter Sunday dress.
My Easter Sunday dress. That I'm obsessed with.
Happy Easter!
Oh and P.S. We did get to have a fancy Easter dinner over at my grandparent's house so that was good. And while we were there June took her first legit steps! AHH! She just started crawling this week so I haven't even had time yet to ease into this whole mobile thing. And it was RIGHT AFTER I joked, "She sat up for Christmas, now crawling for Easter, maybe she will walk for Mother's day." and seriously 5 seconds after that she takes two steps on her own and stays standing. Legit. Like I said. Forget Mother's day I guess. And once we got home she's been "surfing" up and down the coffee table and to the couch and back all night. Exciting but scary!










2 comments:
So wait- does she pull herself up to walk? Or does she just get up and walk now? Crazy that it came so out of nowhere! Best of luck haha! ;)
Oh...you still get the cute little chocolate bunnies! My kids (except Seth) are too old...they want quality Dove chocolate bunnies now!
Your Easter dress is beautiful. Every Easter I still wish my Mom would make me an awesome Easter dress like she used to do when I was younger! (Don't judge me...I'm a little older than 13, but I'm still young.)
Of course, the pictures of June are scrumptious as always. Love, love, love the bunny ears! And the yellow Easter dress.... Good luck with the mobile baby stage! ;)
Post a Comment