On Saturday Buck and I celebrated our one year mark of when we got engaged. For that story see this.
Since last year on that fateful day we went to a waffle house and then to see Disney's Oceans movie we celebrated this year by going to their yearly earth day movie- this year it was African Cats.
It was so good and I loved it except for all the anxiety it caused me.... I can't handle watching the circle of life. I hate to see poor animals being killed! I realized that I close my eyes more in nature films than I do in horror films. In the end, this movie wasn't that bad, it ends happy. Had I known that I might have been more relaxed. Just so you all know when you see it, and you should. It's happy. Don't stress.
Afterwards we went to the Village Inn and had breakfast for dinner. We laughed about our ridiculous engagement and then discussed how we really need to spend more time in diners together. It's one of our favorite things to do together.
I'll admit, it drives me bonkers when I think about the fact that only a year ago we got engaged and now here I am, 26 weeks pregnant. It was a surprise proposal and so the day before it happened, Earth day, I didn't even know that I would be married at this point, let alone knocked up.
But guess what?
I wouldn't have it any other way. I am SO happy that Buck is impulsive and asked me to marry him when he did. Being married has been the best, so much better than dating- which is where we still might be had it been my choice at the time. So much can happen in a year! So much GOOD.
And p.s. next year's Disney nature film is on a baby gorilla who gets lost and then adopted by another gorilla. The preview made me emotional. Just saying. Glad we have these films to mark our engagement date every year. :)

1 comment:
miso is an african cat
Post a Comment