Wanna know the real reason that I'm pregnant? Oh I'll tell you.
Its THIS:
And what's that you ask? Why it's an African fertility doll. Given to us from my friend after she got back from Ghana this summer.
And there it sits on our bookshelf. Watching and working it's fertility-ness on us.
Between this and God I don't know why we ever thought we'd make it a year or so before expanding our very new family.
Anyone want to borrow it?

9 comments:
HAHA! If I had this last summer we wouldn't be having our babies at the same time!
I laughed so hard when I read this!! Not laughing at you, laughing at the blasted doll.
no thanks! maybe in two years...
BAHAHAHAHAHA! So sex had nothing to do with it? It was all the doll?
Ha, I always had a little doubt if those dolls actually worked, I'm glad you reassured everything for me.
I laughed extra hard at this post, why? Because when my hubby and I were getting married, Target was selling some African fertility dolls, so what did we do? Register for it of course. Though no one got it for us (they must have different stuff at the Idaho Falls Target than the Boise one because a few people said they tried to hunt it down with no luck) about a third of our gift givers made some kind of reference about it in their cards.
Considering my huge bellied self, I wont take you up on your offer today, but some day. . . in the far future. . . I don't like to think of that right now. . . still trying to decide how I'll be able to handle two kids!
Good luck with pregnancy! It's a wild, crazy, fun, painful, joyful, memorable, spiritual (you think you've had spiritual experiences already, just wait.), most intense experience of your life!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!!! I still need to meet Buck. When is your due date? How have you been feeling?
Dang! I needed one of those back in 2002...or 2003...or 2004...you get the picture! But not now, considering my heart problems. I'm glad it worked for you though! :)
matthew! due date is august 3. And I have been SICK. ha. How has your wife been?
Post a Comment